Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This site
It might have been said before, but the site is now slower than dear old Claudio.
I'm lucky enough to have a very quick connection (Virgin Media do provide something approaching their advertised speed), but loading this site is pretty near glacial compared with most others.
Not blaming anyone, and thanks to the people who make it happen, but if it's only a case of funding, I'd be prepared to put up a few more quid to be able to access the usual drivel without waiting for ages for the site to load.
Sadly it isn't just a case of funding, the server is nowhere near capacity.

One month till I can move servers if needed, it's looking the best option, it looks like an issue going into the server farm the server is hosted in.
(07-07-2016, 09:06 PM)74bus Wrote: It might have been said before, but the site is now slower than dear old Claudio.
I'm lucky enough to have a very quick connection (Virgin Media do provide something approaching their advertised speed), but loading this site is pretty near glacial compared with most others.
Not blaming anyone, and thanks to the people who make it happen, but if it's only a case of funding, I'd be prepared to put up a few more quid to be able to access the usual drivel without waiting for ages for the site to load.

Birdie knows about it mate. Its since we've moved to this new board. Certainly is a bit of a ball ache at times
(07-07-2016, 09:08 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Sadly it isn't just a case of funding, the server is nowhere near capacity.

One month till I can move servers if needed, it's looking the best option, it looks like an issue going into the server farm the server is hosted in.

Thanks for all your efforts anyway - much appreciated.
Sorry, I dont know how these things work. (yep..I really am that old), and I appreciate there is some work/time/expense involved, but it does my yed in. I find it fine to start then after 5 or so mins it's like waiting for a decent pass from Jonas! (no offence).
(07-07-2016, 09:08 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Sadly it isn't just a case of funding, the server is nowhere near capacity.

Can we help ypu out mate? I'd be happy to bung a few quid your way!
(07-07-2016, 09:56 PM)wewerehereonce Wrote:

Can we help ypu out mate? I'd be happy to bung a few quid your way!

#ArryTheCunt's ears have pricked up
I've found it to be fine recently.