Brunt
(02-02-2019, 06:48 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 06:04 PM)Squid Wrote: Do we have goldfish posting on here? That's the same Brunt who created a goal with an excellent free kick last week and equalised against Sheffield Wednesday.

Him and Barry will be kicking themselves tonight. It happens. Not usually twice in one match, but it happens.

Nothing to do with goldfish. Brunt, no matter what he has previously done for us, should not figure in the match day squad unless there is a huge injury list. Shame it has come to this but he simply isn't good enough. Not a knee jerk to today btw...

This.
Brunt had to come on for Field. Field had been clobbered and seemed concussed.
(02-02-2019, 07:15 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Brunt had to come on for Field. Field had been clobbered and seemed concussed.

Field seemed injured/concussed. The sub didn't 'have' to be Brunt. Also, Brunt didn't 'have' to be in the match day squad. As said before it isn't a knee jerk reaction. Brunt, by his own high standards, has been poor for most of the season. The discussion about Brunt needs to be taken on its merits ie his performances this season. Previous to this year he's been very good and a bloke who seemingly loves the club.
(02-02-2019, 07:30 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 07:15 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Brunt had to come on for Field. Field had been clobbered and seemed concussed.

Field seemed injured/concussed. The sub didn't 'have' to be Brunt. Also, Brunt didn't 'have' to be in the match day squad. As said before it isn't a knee jerk reaction. Brunt, by his own high standards, has been poor for most of the season. The discussion about Brunt needs to be taken on its merits ie his performances this season. Previous to this year he's been very good and a bloke who seemingly loves the club.

Agreed as much as I admire Brunt he has been garbage for the most part this season, Montero should have come on to give them something different to think about instead of same old same old.
(02-02-2019, 09:14 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 07:30 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:

Agreed as much as I admire Brunt he has been garbage for the most part this season, Montero should have come on to give them something different to think about instead of same old same old.

Why play Brunt in midfield? it doesn't suit him or us  - Great as he has been, time tells me that he should be coaching now along with Mozza. It saddens me to say it but, we still need their help and experience but not on the field.
Brunt doesn't fit in our formation currently. He'd be a decent left back for a Pulis team in which he wouldn't have to get forward much.

He's an Albion legend and deserves more respect than he receives.
Nobody NOBODY has knocked Brunt, his legendary status is secure.
Respect ? I think he commands the highest respect of any player within the club, your posting crap.
He has not lived up to high standards he set himself for years with us.
Playing him out of position has not helped.
The legendary status is going to cost us, the aim is to win, play the best players, unfortunately Brunt is costing us
(02-02-2019, 06:04 PM)Squid Wrote: Do we have goldfish posting on here? That's the same Brunt who created a goal with an excellent free kick last week and equalised against Sheffield Wednesday.

Him and Barry will be kicking themselves tonight. It happens. Not usually twice in one match, but it happens.

Dead right. 2 errors from 2 excellent players, nothing to do with systems or ability.
(02-03-2019, 08:06 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

Dead right. 2 errors from 2 excellent players, nothing to do with systems or ability.

Could have put it better myself.

The fact that it was 2 mistakes from our most experienced players shows that it happens to the best of them.