Poll: What should we do with Darren?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pack him off Monday morning
11.02%
14 11.02%
Give him til the summer and let him go then (if not promoted)
22.83%
29 22.83%
Review after 10-15 games next season
30.71%
39 30.71%
Need a longer view - he gets next season regardless
35.43%
45 35.43%
Total 127 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Darren Moore future poll.
(03-03-2019, 12:14 PM)baggie93 Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 10:13 PM)billybassett Wrote: Who are the 4 want him gone on Monday....please explain

I was one. 
He is tactically inept. 
Out thought by any manager with half an idea. Eg Boro  Sheff Utd  Leeds. 
Constantly gets team selection wrong. 
Plays Gayle out of position where he has less impact. 
Despite in every interview he's gonna pick the bones out if it and learn from it  he never does. 
Other teams are fitter and sharper.

Any half decent manager would have stormed this league with the squad at our disposal. 
Eg Monk Johnson Wilder Bielsa Allardyce Mccarthy. 
That about sums it up for me. 
No I don't agree with personal jibes as that's out of order. 
But I never would have put him in the job. 
That's why I voted like I did. 
Don't expect many to agree but it's opinions.

And yet we are 4th and he damn near fucked up the relegation that Pulis and Pardew strived so hard for, not bad for someone so tactically inept.
I'm another of the now 6. It's the continued, obvious errors in setup and personnel selection which do it for me. People say "he's learning his trade" but he's not though is he? Over and over again we see the same problems. If he's not learning now, then will he ever? How about next season when we have a substantially worse squad. We're 4th because of the quality of Barnes, Phillips, Gayle not because of BD I'm afraid. If in the next home match Gayle spends the game in the opposition box, we only play one of Livermore/Barry, rest Harper, play a left back at left back, look like everyone isn't knackered and actually move the ball a bit then I might change my tune.

"he's in credit" what does this mean? Is there a set amount of mistakes and awful performances people are prepared to ignore because he's a nice bloke and lifted the club a bit from the pulis years? Would anyone care to share the number?

I appreciate the job he did at the end of last season but that was all goodwill and morale rather than being a good football manager. I never wanted him to get the job and I fear for his reputation if allowed to carry on. He is a fantastic youth team coach and that is where I want him.

I appreciate there are different viewpoints on this and I probably would've taken 4th if offered it at the start of the season. I suppose a lot for me boils down to frustration that, having sees what I've seen this season, we could've been doing so much better.

More and more I'm beginning to think there may be something in the idea that Jones pulls the strings and BD is just a figurehead.
(03-03-2019, 12:48 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 12:14 PM)baggie93 Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 10:13 PM)billybassett Wrote: Who are the 4 want him gone on Monday....please explain

I was one. 
He is tactically inept. 
Out thought by any manager with half an idea. Eg Boro  Sheff Utd  Leeds. 
Constantly gets team selection wrong. 
Plays Gayle out of position where he has less impact. 
Despite in every interview he's gonna pick the bones out if it and learn from it  he never does. 
Other teams are fitter and sharper.

Any half decent manager would have stormed this league with the squad at our disposal. 
Eg Monk Johnson Wilder Bielsa Allardyce Mccarthy. 
That about sums it up for me. 
No I don't agree with personal jibes as that's out of order. 
But I never would have put him in the job. 
That's why I voted like I did. 
Don't expect many to agree but it's opinions.

And yet we are 4th and he damn near fucked up the relegation that Pulis and Pardew strived so hard for, not bad for someone so tactically inept.
After what I saw Fri night and against sheff utd he'll be damn near fucking up a play off place n all
Anyone changed their vote?
(03-09-2019, 04:53 PM)Sunshine Wrote: Anyone changed their vote?

Yup.

I’d be calling him into my office at 5pm.

Wonderful motivator to whom we owe a great debt of gratitude for ensuring last season didn’t carry over into this one, but who just does not have what we need to get us out of this division.

It’s a horrible decision to make, but anyone who can look at the last few game and objectively see anything other than a fucking mess is deluded.
3 games. The last 3 games........

That's fucking embarrassing honestly

"not as embarrassing as our performance" etc.
(03-09-2019, 04:53 PM)Sunshine Wrote: Anyone changed their vote?

Am beginning to waiver...