Your boys took a hell of a beating!
(03-04-2019, 10:13 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 10:05 PM)methoxyl Wrote: Albion twitter said an experienced Stoke side with a few of your fat first team players that the Nathan has decided that will only play with the kids now

Fletcher, whose contract is up at the end of the season, Diouf who made a comic-tragic appearance as a sub versus the Villa, and Charlie who has a part to play but constantly battles with his fitness and apparently enjoys playing in these games.

I'd be interested to know whether DM attended this game. Diouf got a hat-trick in an under-23 game he attended in January, and another two goals tonight. He's got to be impressed.  Cool

Did Saido play DK or has he been well and truly bombed Now?

Also what the crack with Diouf? I've always rated him. He'd have been a smart signing by us in Jan imo.
(03-05-2019, 07:46 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 10:05 PM)methoxyl Wrote: Albion twitter said an experienced Stoke side with a few of your fat first team players that the Nathan has decided that will only play with the kids now

Fletcher, whose contract is up at the end of the season, Diouf who made a comic-tragic appearance as a sub versus the Villa, and Charlie who has a part to play but constantly battles with his fitness and apparently enjoys playing in these games.

I'd be interested to know whether DM attended this game. Diouf got a hat-trick in an under-23 game he attended in January, and another two goals tonight. He's got to be impressed.  Cool

Also what the crack with Diouf? I've always rated him. He'd have been a smart signing by us in Jan imo.

Well and truly ditched as far as we're aware Peachy. We've had no official word that he'll never play for any Stoke City team again, but it seems fairly clear that Jones sees people with his attitude as an infection that needs to be ridded from the club. Hopefully we can sack him off soon.

I've always liked Diouf, and I don't think we've made the most of his talents over the years - he's not a great finisher, but he has an unnatural gift for getting in goalscoring positions, which unfortunately sometimes makes his inability to finish look more obvious. 

Basically, if you want someone to put away a one on one then Diouf's not your man. If you want someone whose arse or boot will deflect the ball into the net then he's usually Johnny on the spot. He'll also run all day. Having said that, he's definitely on the decline. Scores goals for fun in the U-23s though.  Smile
(03-05-2019, 08:14 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Well and truly ditched as far as we're aware Peachy. We've had no official word that he'll never play for any Stoke City team again, but it seems fairly clear that Jones sees people with his attitude as an infection that needs to be ridded from the club. Hopefully we can sack him off soon.

I've always liked Diouf, and I don't think we've made the most of his talents over the years - he's not a great finisher, but he has an unnatural gift for getting in goalscoring positions, which unfortunately sometimes makes his inability to finish look more obvious. 

Basically, if you want someone to put away a one on one then Diouf's not your man. If you want someone whose arse or boot will deflect the ball into the net then he's usually Johnny on the spot. He'll also run all day. Having said that, he's definitely on the decline. Scores goals for fun in the U-23s though.  Smile

Just the traits you want in a right wingback.

Yours,
Mark Hughes
(03-04-2019, 11:10 PM)Lightnin Wrote: How many of our youngsters did Charlie Adam eat?

Not many, he had a pre match meal with Saido and they finished off the water buffalo but held off on the sweet
(03-04-2019, 09:04 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Under-23s:

Stoke 4 - WBA 1

We even scored from a Charlie Adam pelanty.  Big Grin

West Brom, we always beat West Brom...
Ban him Sid...
(03-05-2019, 09:38 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 08:14 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Just the traits you want in a right wingback.

Yours,
Mark Hughes

In fairness, he was kind of decent at wing-back. Thought he was a nailed on Pulis signing once he'd spotted that particular trait. 

It was strange really. Hughes was desperate to sign Diouf and spent ages chasing him (just like Berahino). But once he'd got him he seemed to go off him (just like Berahino).