Yummy Trade Deals with the US?
"Give me your tired chlorinated chicken, your poor gene modified wheat, your hormone beef?"

Another reason to leave the EU, so that we can have the food standards we deserve.

You know it makes sense.
(03-01-2019, 11:11 AM)Pneumann Wrote: "Give me your tired chlorinated chicken, your poor gene modified wheat, your hormone beef?"

Another reason to leave the EU, so that we can have the food standards we deserve.

You know it makes sense.

And of course every producer and processor in the UK operates to the standards applied ..

I have seen some shocking practices and whilst I don't care for some of the US produced
chite, I don't exactly care for all the UK or EU produced chite either.
Difference is Beano if the UK / EU standards are breached then something can be done against them, if we don't have any standards applied then it's basically tough shit (and that's not a description of the product)
(03-01-2019, 12:30 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Difference is Beano if the UK / EU standards are breached then something can be done against them, if we don't have any standards applied then it's basically tough shit (and that's not a description of the product)

That's a fair point but of course, but the idea that our (UK/EU) standards are always best practice and others are not is
a tad unfair on many non EU producers.

We must also face the truth of course that in so many cases, the standard is in point of fact a trading restriction or
barrier, protectionism applies in many forms, some dressed up as superior standards.
Due to the global order of trade, we have a choice with respect to food standards in trade deals: EU or US. We cannot have both.