Norwich v Swansea
Sky Sports no longer mentioning us in the automatic picture .Just the top 3. May take the pressure off us. We need a kick up the arse at home. Hopefully tomorrow they will respond.
(03-08-2019, 09:24 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 09:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 09:00 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 08:57 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Norwich currently 12 points ahead of us  Blush
That was their first shot on target

Not been impressed with them at all tonight but similar to us under Meggo (Not in style obviously) they are well drilled and get results consistently.

They are up imo.

2nd place to play for.

Yep. They have a decent run of games to the end of the season too. All was looking promising after the QPR win but I fear our last 2 results have ended our automatic hopes. But you never know. Need to go on an excellent run now and hope Leeds and Sheff Utd drop points.

We'll need at least 8 wins from 11 I think, probably 9

90 points.
We need 10 wins.
Playoffs it is.
(03-08-2019, 08:57 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Norwich currently 12 points ahead of us  Blush

Not been impressed with them at all tonight but similar to us under Meggo (Not in style obviously) they are well drilled and get results consistently.

They are up imo.

2nd place to play for.

Anyone top of the league could be called well drilled. They weren't great tonight but still had chances, certainly the best one of the first half went to Pukki (sp)
They are massively under-rated and worthy leaders of the league. Decent side
(03-08-2019, 09:20 PM)Peachy Wrote:

They are up imo.

2nd place to play for.

Yep. They have a decent run of games to the end of the season too. All was looking promising after the QPR win but I fear our last 2 results have ended our automatic hopes. But you never know. Need to go on an excellent run now and hope Leeds and Sheff Utd drop points.

Its easy (and annoying) to say now but the pressure is sort of off us now for automatic. The pressure on Leeds is huge imo. The weight of expectation on them to get back to the Prem is massive and I can see them choking. 

Sheff Utd worry me more tbh. Like Cardiff last season they are workmanlike, well drilled and bloody tough.

We need to go on a belting run in the next 5 games. Maybe 4 wins and a draw. Then we may go into the last 5 games within 3 or 4 points and it might get twitchy for them.

No doubt we've left little room for error now though. So frustrating.

Never realised until I checked today that this is Leeds 14th season down here. Staggering how long it has been for a club of that stature. 
Really don’t see us getting there this season. Don’t think we have got the hunger of any of the clubs around us and don’t fancy us in the play offs.
(03-08-2019, 10:28 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

They are up imo.

2nd place to play for.

Its easy (and annoying) to say now but the pressure is sort of off us now for automatic. The pressure on Leeds is huge imo. The weight of expectation on them to get back to the Prem is massive and I can see them choking. 

Sheff Utd worry me more tbh. Like Cardiff last season they are workmanlike, well drilled and bloody tough.

We need to go on a belting run in the next 5 games. Maybe 4 wins and a draw. Then we may go into the last 5 games within 3 or 4 points and it might get twitchy for them.

Never realised until I checked today that this is Leeds 14th season down here. Staggering how long it has been for a club of that stature. 
Really don’t see us getting there this season. Don’t think we have got the hunger of any of the clubs around us and don’t fancy us in the play offs.

3rd time lucky with the Championship play offs. SF defeat in 2001. Final defeat in 2007. Final win in 2019  Big Grin In the yellow and green as per 1993.
(03-08-2019, 10:28 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

They are up imo.

2nd place to play for.

Don’t forget that they also dropped into the 3rd tier - after Wise took them down in 2007
Norwich are going up. Leeds and Sheff will drop more points. However, IMO not enough for us to catch them

They are up imo.

2nd place to play for.
Stating the obvious but we need to win our next 3 and with Leeds playing Sheff utd next sat both drop points in between with there games , but i dont count this as last chance saloon as i think that went over the fortnight .
There's a very slim chance we can make it, but I wonder about the hunger of this group of players. Still, having said that, we are good enough to sneak into the top two and BD is a great man manager. so who knows? Tall order, but we've been here before.
(03-09-2019, 07:48 AM)Three Degrees Wrote:

They are up imo.

2nd place to play for.
Stating the obvious but we need to win our next 3 and with Leeds playing Sheff utd next sat both drop points in between with there games , but i dont count this as last chance saloon as i think that went over the fortnight .

Leeds also at Bristol City this weekend which will be tough. This could be a weekend where we pick up points on them. Can't see anything other than a win for Sheff Utd at home to Rotherham though.