Meh....
Gone from pouring over all things Albion this season, with my love of footy really rejuvenated from last year's all time low.....to feeling at bit well, mehh about it all.  Didn't go in the week as I had double booked an appointment, but i didn't try very hard to get out of it to be honest. Then found I couldn't give the tickets away.  Followed the game on here in a half arsed kind of way, and felt very little excitement in the nature of the win.  I'm not the only one in my small circle of supporter mates who feels this way.....maybe we are just miserable, overly melodramatic bastards but I think it was to do with us regaining our identity as fans only for it to be taken away again or some other pontificating nonsense.  Just still feeling gutted by it all.  Hope the buzz comes back before the season ends.
(03-16-2019, 10:57 AM)Lillwall\s left foot Wrote: Gone from pouring over all things Albion this season, with my love of footy really rejuvenated from last year's all time low.....to feeling at bit well, mehh about it all.  Didn't go in the week as I had double booked an appointment, but i didn't try very hard to get out of it to be honest. Then found I couldn't give the tickets away.  Followed the game on here in a half arsed kind of way, and felt very little excitement in the nature of the win.  I'm not the only one in my small circle of supporter mates who feels this way.....maybe we are just miserable, overly melodramatic bastards but I think it was to do with us regaining our identity as fans only for it to be taken away again or some other pontificating nonsense.  Just still feeling gutted by it all.  Hope the buzz comes back before the season ends.

There has been a strange atmoshphere at home much of the season, even more noticeable last 2 games.

The optimist in me hopes that in some ways the removal of Moore dissipates some of the tension.
(03-16-2019, 10:58 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:57 AM)Lillwall\s left foot Wrote: Gone from pouring over all things Albion this season, with my love of footy really rejuvenated from last year's all time low.....to feeling at bit well, mehh about it all.  Didn't go in the week as I had double booked an appointment, but i didn't try very hard to get out of it to be honest. Then found I couldn't give the tickets away.  Followed the game on here in a half arsed kind of way, and felt very little excitement in the nature of the win.  I'm not the only one in my small circle of supporter mates who feels this way.....maybe we are just miserable, overly melodramatic bastards but I think it was to do with us regaining our identity as fans only for it to be taken away again or some other pontificating nonsense.  Just still feeling gutted by it all.  Hope the buzz comes back before the season ends.

There has been a strange atmoshphere at home much of the season, even more noticeable last 2 games.

The optimist in me hopes that in some ways the removal of Moore dissipates some of the tension.

Maybe....the last two home games under BD I came away feeling just as annoyed with the fans around me as the players on the pitch.  Moany, whingey type of stuff I'd associate with "other" teams.  His tenure was starting to get devisive though, so maybe it will improve with his sacking.  still feel gutted though at the removal of an ideal. Even if i can acknowledge it wasn't working at the time of his removal.
A lot of it is down to being brainwashed by naturally miserable bastards that all is shite. If you're told you're a dog enough you'll eventually bark. In the old days you only had the occasional twat sat near you at the game or down the local. Now they are more accessible via tinternet. Lose and there's a shitstorm. Win and there's hardly a post anywhere untill some manic depressive thinks of something or someone to pick on. It's like having a beautiful wife but moaning constantly that she doesn't cook the spuds quite right. Does anyone remember when we would boast about having one of our players picked for England? The last one got slaughtered more by our own fans than by Vile and Dingle fans.

I feel the same as Lilwall.

In fairness it is understandable why there may be a strange atmosphere at home. Since the turn of the year home results have been disappointing, if you are a regular away supporter there has been much to be happy about.

If a new manager come in and does really well and performances become more coherent, then in time fans will be reconciled to decisions that have been made.

My concern is that those in power are not really understanding of the problems the team have. They obviously see it as one of poor coaching, when I think the squad needs a lot of work done to it in the summer. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of talent in the squad and there are players who have had very good careers, and by championship remain very good players. 

If every thing had gone for us this season, we would probably have had a better tilt at automatic promotion, but it didn't entirely. Barnes did get recalled, Philips was injured and is struggling to get back to full fitness and form. Even something like Livermore's ban, had reprecussions, Barry had to play too much football in January. These and a few other examples, were in my view the differences between comfortably finishing in the play offs and being right in the mix for automatic promotion come the end of the season.

But this squad is short of what is required for the premiership. And I am not convinced those in power understand this. And if they are not taking this on board, it doesn't matter who the new manager is.
(03-16-2019, 11:15 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

I feel the same as Lilwall.

In fairness it is understandable why there may be a strange atmosphere at home. Since the turn of the year home results have been disappointing, if you are a regular away supporter there has been much to be happy about.

If a new manager come in and does really well and performances become more coherent, then in time fans will be reconciled to decisions that have been made.

My concern is that those in power are not really understanding of the problems the team have. They obviously see it as one of poor coaching, when I think the squad needs a lot of work done to it in the summer. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of talent in the squad and there are players who have had very good careers, and by championship remain very good players. 

If every thing had gone for us this season, we would probably have had a better tilt at automatic promotion, but it didn't entirely. Barnes did get recalled, Philips was injured and is struggling to get back to full fitness and form. Even something like Livermore's ban, had reprecussions, Barry had to play too much football in January. These and a few other examples, were in my view the differences between comfortably finishing in the play offs and being right in the mix for automatic promotion come the end of the season.

But this squad is short of what is required for the premiership. And I am not convinced those in power understand this. And if they are not taking this on board, it doesn't matter who the new manager is.

All very true. And a Chairman intent on pissing fans off with idiotic renewal scheme and who I also strongly suspect has no plan B if his plan A doesnt work.
If you’re miserable now you wait until we are in this league for awhile. 18-19k crowds or lower here we come with all the armchairs lining up their excuses
Chinese Flu?

Thankfully not so much an issue at away games, so am looking forward to this afternoon’s match.

Pretty much feel the same. 

Hopefully a new manager will have a positive playing style whereby we actually look convincing and deserve whatever results we get. 

I think that will be the case because these players are getting results whilst not liking and not knowing what they're meant to be doing half the time,  which is a good sign.  Listen to Darren's last interview he's confused himself.  

A win today,  by hook or by crook,  then there's still a chance we can go on a good run.