Bartley
I thought Bartley looked comfortable & solid last night, I think Jones' suicide system might have been asking too much of him.
It's the old old story tried and tested get people to do what they are comfortable with and good at and they are a comely different beast,, FFS it ain't rocket science is it,,,, thought Townsend had is best game for us defo potential there imvho, Livermore must have covered every blade of grass last night, Bartley solid when he came on Sam J was fuggin unbeatable last night and for probaly the first time this season really got the crowd behind him who started to chant his name and ask for Brunty I've been critical of him this season but last night was like a man posessed defiantly out to prove a point you can tell this club means the world to him.
(03-14-2019, 11:59 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 07:05 AM)clem4england Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 11:56 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: He was booed by the Swansea fans.
I'm not his biggest fan but he did well when he came on. No pissing about at the back helps.
A lot of players have become scapegoats this season when just doing what they’ve been told and clearly struggling with it: Daws, Livermore, Brunt, Johnstone, Bartley.

Wouldn't agree at all on Dawson, Clem.  Systems or not and ignoring his erm passing - his defending has been rank bad at times (particularly when not paired with Hegazi).  He has played way below par this season.

Spot on there Manc. Heart ain't in it this season. Much better defender than he's playing currently but looks every inch the player who doesn't want to be where he is.
(03-14-2019, 09:44 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 11:59 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 07:05 AM)clem4england Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 11:56 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: He was booed by the Swansea fans.
I'm not his biggest fan but he did well when he came on. No pissing about at the back helps.
A lot of players have become scapegoats this season when just doing what they’ve been told and clearly struggling with it: Daws, Livermore, Brunt, Johnstone, Bartley.

Wouldn't agree at all on Dawson, Clem.  Systems or not and ignoring his erm passing - his defending has been rank bad at times (particularly when not paired with Hegazi).  He has played way below par this season.

Spot on there Manc. Heart ain't in it this season. Much better defender than he's playing currently but looks every inch the player who doesn't want to be where he is.
To be honest, I've always wondered what the fuss is about with Daws.  He's ok, nowt more.