Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's disgraceful!
How those white runners aren't allowed to compete on a level playing field with their black counterparts in the running events.
Obviously this is because of:
Cultural differences,
Lack of role models,
Lack of opportunities,
or outright racism.
It can't possibly be because at this stage in our evolution, black people can, on the whole, run faster than white people.
Meanwhile, over in the swimming pool, the white swimmers were again, just a tad better than their black counterparts.
People are different. It's not really a problem. Get over it.
Blimey
Who was on it?
(08-18-2016, 08:12 PM)Baggiemad Wrote: Who was on it?

The reason I've posted that is:
Mainly - I've had too much to drink, and like a lot others on here, I'll probably look at my post tomorrow morning and wish I'd not bothered.
but also because when I queried on here a month or so back, as to why black swimmers usually performed so poorly, I was virtually accused of being a racist.
I just think we should look at the overwhelming evidence and not pretend that people will always perform the same, regardless of their background. They won't.
What is next........table tennis?
Erm....
(08-18-2016, 08:08 PM)74bus Wrote: How those white runners aren't allowed to compete on a level playing field with their black counterparts in the running events.
Cultural differences,
Lack of role models,
Lack of opportunities,
or outright racism.
It can't possibly be because at this stage in our evolution, black people can, on the whole, run faster than white people.
Meanwhile, over in the swimming pool, the white swimmers were again, just a tad better than their black counterparts.

I'm over it, brother.

(08-18-2016, 08:24 PM)74bus Wrote:

Mainly - I've had too much to drink, and like a lot others on here, I'll probably look at my post tomorrow morning and wish I'd not bothered.
but also because when I queried on here a month or so back, as to why black swimmers usually performed so poorly, I was virtually accused of being a racist.
I just think we should look at the overwhelming evidence and not pretend that people will always perform the same, regardless of their background. They won't.

Speak your mind, mate. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Good man.

Might be an idea to get the old Alka Seltza oat the ready though!

What about the Javelin?
(08-18-2016, 09:16 PM)King Astle Wrote:

What about the Javelin?

Spear chu... cough cough...
(08-18-2016, 08:08 PM)74bus Wrote: How those white runners aren't allowed to compete on a level playing field with their black counterparts in the running events.
Cultural differences,
Lack of role models,
Lack of opportunities,
or outright racism.

When I was younger, all the best heavyweights were black. It got to become so inevitable that "the great white hope" was the standing joke. Now the last two (three) heavyweights have been white.
We all thought it was genetics and that it was inevitable that the heavyweight champion would always be black. Turns out that wasn't the case, the eastern europeans came along and it turns out it was more likely cultural.

An 'anomaly' may be the success of the Caribbeans in power sports, there's an argument that that is down to the survival of the fittest brought about in the slave ships and the selective breeding done afterwards by the slave owners  .