Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Brown's Boys
Readers of the Radio Times voted it the best sitcom of the 21st Century.  Seriously. Better than The Office, Extras, The Thick of It, Phoenix Nights, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, The Inbetweeners...

I'm not sure there has ever been a worse comedy than MBB, it makes Miranda look like Blackadder.

Far be it from me to denigrate someone's opinion  (we never do that on here), but the readers of the Radio Times are fucking morons.
What, no Citizen Khan?!

Oh twadi!

Dodgy
The Vicar of Dibley was voted the best too. Father Ted etc etc etc.

It's what happens when you let people vote on things... erm.
(08-23-2016, 05:16 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Readers of the Radio Times voted it the best sitcom of the 21st Century.  Seriously. Better than The Office, Extras, The Thick of It, Phoenix Nights, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, The Inbetweeners...

I'm not sure there has ever been a worse comedy than MBB, it makes Miranda look like Blackadder.

Far be it from me to denigrate someone's opinion  (we never do that on here), but the readers of the Radio Times are fucking morons.

That is very depressing.
It's fucking bollocks. Not even remotely funny.
You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time etc. Opinions!!!!
(08-23-2016, 05:24 PM)Mr Vertical Wrote: The Vicar of Dibley was voted the best too. Father Ted etc etc etc.

Knock Father Ted and you'll get some shoe lad . . .
(08-23-2016, 05:16 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Readers of the Radio Times voted it the best sitcom of the 21st Century.  Seriously. Better than The Office, Extras, The Thick of It, Phoenix Nights, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, The Inbetweeners...

There have been many worse - Citizen Khan (already mentioned), The Brittas Empire, My Family, Oh Dr Beeching, that one with Sir Ian McKellen in and there's another very recent one that escapes me. I don't really like MBB much but each to their own.
(08-23-2016, 05:58 PM)wewerehereonce Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 05:24 PM)Mr Vertical Wrote: The Vicar of Dibley was voted the best too. Father Ted etc etc etc.

Father Ted is untouchable as far as I'm concerned.

(08-23-2016, 06:04 PM)TheUnit Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 05:58 PM)wewerehereonce Wrote:

Father Ted is untouchable as far as I'm concerned.

Yep. I must have watched "Kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse" a dozen times. When I get fed up of watching it, I'll know I'm dead.