Bottle jobs.
Say what we want about bad luck, decisions etc.

Do not lose that game, no one in this team has the minerals to grab that extra chance, that last block. 

Bottled it well and truly again.
That wasn’t a bottle job, we just lost a tight game.

Rotherham, QPR… now they were bottle jobs.
Really struggling to see how anyone bottled it, many players on last legs, some silly cards given earlier so couldn't tackle. Just lack of options really killing us now.
Played alright in the circumstances.

Where the pinball in the penalty area at our end deflects back to a Sunderland player to clear, their winner is deflected past Palmer.

If we can keep the lights in I'm still optimistic given 46 games with Carlos in charge.
Our best option off the bench was a 21 year old former right back to play in CM. Injuries and lack of squad depth have done us on this one
You do not lose that game.

I include CC in the blame today. That midfield needed freshening up far easier.

Absolutely blew it
(04-23-2023, 12:55 PM)Duffers Wrote: That wasn’t a bottle job, we just lost a tight game.

Rotherham, QPR… now they were bottle jobs.

Correct
Fuck off with this bottle bollocks. We pulled no punches and bottles no challenges. We lost because we are well short of options with SEVEN first team players out.

The only poor decision today was keeping Okay on a long as we did. He was a passenger for a lot of the game and obviously not fully fit. But again, if he wasn’t, fair play for getting out there and playing through the pain.
We are just not good enough to be top six.

On the beach now.
Not bottle jobs. That's a harsh criticism. We're just not good enough, unfortunately, but as long as the players give that much effort and show as much desire as they've shown today, that's all I can ask. It's frustrating, but it is what it is. We just don't have quality.