Local elections in Solihull
(04-01-2019, 08:10 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 08:39 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 08:15 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I'm in Olton. Bit more Lib Dem here compared to the gold shoe brigade in other parts of Solihull. Always amazed how the Greens do so well in The Wood.

Liking trees and being NIMBYs is very popular in posh areas. The Greens oppose all developments generally so people vote for them to stop local developments.

You don't know where The Wood is do you  Big Grin
Of course he does. Between him and Derek they know everything there is to know and anyone who disagrees is an idiot
(04-01-2019, 06:38 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 08:15 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I'm in Olton. Bit more Lib Dem here compared to the gold shoe brigade in other parts of Solihull. Always amazed how the Greens do so well in The Wood.

Liking trees and being NIMBYs is very popular in posh areas. The Greens oppose all developments generally so people vote for them to stop local developments.

Of course he does. Between him and Derek they know everything there is to know and anyone who disagrees is an idiot

What the hell are you on about?
(04-01-2019, 06:48 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 06:38 PM)Sotv Wrote:

What the hell are you on about?

He means we articulate a point of view he doesn’t like so we are no it alls.
Greens have 7 Cllrs in 'North Solihull'. 1 in Castle Brom, three each i n Smith's Wood and Chelmsley Wood. They can be anti-austerity, but they know they face the same issues if they were in power, but you can choose what to spend money on I suppose. Spend more in North Solihull than elsewhere.

I think it is because they must be there all year instead of at just election times? They tend to knock doors and produce newsletters. They do in C. Wood.

The Posh 'Wood'.....lol.
(04-02-2019, 07:24 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote:

The Posh 'Wood'.....lol.

Made myself look like a right nobhead...

Is the "Wood" commonly used for Chelmsley in Solihull, I've only heard it called Chelmsley or Chelmsley Wood.
I know nothing about Solihull, blue, red or green, but given that May has reached out to Corbyn yesterday I wouldn't like
to be trying to campaign for the Tories anywhere in the upcoming local elections.  Wink
(04-03-2019, 07:37 AM)Beano Wrote: I know nothing about Solihull, blue, red or green, but given that May has reached out to Corbyn yesterday I wouldn't like
to be trying to campaign for the Tories anywhere in the upcoming local elections.  Wink

Took 7 hours to reach the decision that talking to JC was preferable to a general election.
(04-03-2019, 08:22 AM)Sunshine Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 07:37 AM)Beano Wrote: I know nothing about Solihull, blue, red or green, but given that May has reached out to Corbyn yesterday I wouldn't like

Took 7 hours to reach the decision that talking to JC was preferable to a general election.

7 hours, it has taken the best part of 2 years by my reckoning and the removal of two Tory brexit ministers before
deciding Labour and Jeremy is worth a try 

Laughable in every respect
(04-03-2019, 12:55 PM)Beano Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 08:22 AM)Sunshine Wrote:

7 hours, it has taken the best part of 2 years by my reckoning and the removal of two Tory brexit ministers before
deciding Labour and Jeremy is worth a try 

Laughable in every respect

Nearly 3 years since the ref

24 tory ministers resigned since last summer

If you are a tory MP and u aint been a minister in this government then they should give their heads a wobble.