If we had not won three matches
This we sack managers too quickly argument doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny.
(04-05-2019, 07:09 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This we sack managers too quickly argument doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny.

It doesn't, Derek.  Pardew and Pulis both stayed beyond anyone's patience would permit. However, to an outsider, DM's sacking must appear very harsh.  Add to that RDM and Clarke also looked harsh. If you chuck in Pepe, Irvine and numerous caretakers, then it doesn't look a very secure job at all. We are in dire need of a period of stability, I was hoping we would build a serious foundation with Moore but the second he changed his style to accommodate his assistant, the cracks appeared.
This is when our Director of Football needs to step up.
There isn't the patience of a generation ago due to the gap between the Prem and the champ in finances. It affects all clubs and I doubt our culture is much different to any others. Modern football for you.
(04-05-2019, 07:09 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This we sack managers too quickly argument doesn’t stand up to much scrutiny.

Certainly didn’t sack Pardew too quickly.
(04-04-2019, 07:43 PM)keef Wrote: would we have a new manager in place  now.  i do not think we would have the three wins have covered up a complete balls up

We'll never know. But as 'covering up complete balls ups' go, this one feels pretty good.

Never underestimate happy accidents.
(04-05-2019, 07:28 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:

It doesn't, Derek.  Pardew and Pulis both stayed beyond anyone's patience would permit. However, to an outsider, DM's sacking must appear very harsh.  Add to that RDM and Clarke also looked harsh. If you chuck in Pepe, Irvine and numerous caretakers, then it doesn't look a very secure job at all. We are in dire need of a period of stability, I was hoping we would build a serious foundation with Moore but the second he changed his style to accommodate his assistant, the cracks appeared.
This is when our Director of Football needs to step up.

This summer is make or break for Dowling. He needs to get the managerial appointment right and either bolster the team for the PL or over see the ebay sale which will be our next season in the Championship.
Disagree. A manager a year since Gary?
Probably no worse than most other clubs, but it doesn't allow for long term planning (I too hoped that was DM).
And it's really a recycling exercise. We'll get someone else's failure, and someone else will get ours.
And in 18 months we'll move on to the next but one boss.
Ridiculous really.
And this is the exact reason why i posted this question . the results have masked the long term problem .but he ho as long as we have won three in a row then every thing is fine
(04-06-2019, 06:05 PM)keef Wrote: And this is the exact reason why i posted  this question .  the results have masked the long term problem   .but he ho as long as we have won three in a row then every thing is fine

Better to have lost them and slipped quietly out of the play-offs...
(04-06-2019, 06:07 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 06:05 PM)keef Wrote: And this is the exact reason why i posted  this question .  the results have masked the long term problem   .but he ho as long as we have won three in a row then every thing is fine

Better to have lost them and slipped quietly out of the play-offs...

Excuse my thickness, is that sarcasm?