New stadium
At least if it’s an area of interest some of those involved in the original aborted project are still around
Someone could have been killed
Stay where we are in our hallowed ground, extend it to 32k - 34k if we can but also work on having best acoustics for the 12th man - must be worth a few extra points a season!
(03-28-2024, 12:57 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: Stay where we are in our hallowed ground, extend it to 32k - 34k if we can but also work on having best acoustics for the 12th man  - must be worth a few extra points a season!

Agree.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be against a move, if the circumstances arose to warrant it, like massive waiting lists due to our Champions League dominance, but that's unlikely.

Blues have no choice really because their shithole is falling down round their ears so it's either rebuild it there or elsewhere.
The Hawthorns, however, is still a very good ground IMO, with room for expansion. We also, on paper, have good transport links, which, unfortunately, do not translate onto tracks or tarmac. If we could sort that out and improve the surrounding areas then we would have as good a set up as any club our size.
(03-28-2024, 01:24 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 12:57 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: Stay where we are in our hallowed ground, extend it to 32k - 34k if we can but also work on having best acoustics for the 12th man  - must be worth a few extra points a season!

Agree.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be against a move, if the circumstances arose to warrant it, like massive waiting lists due to our Champions League dominance, but that's unlikely.

Blues have no choice really because their shithole is falling down round their ears so it's either rebuild it there or elsewhere.
The Hawthorns, however, is still a very good ground IMO, with room for expansion. We also, on paper, have good transport links, which, unfortunately, do not translate onto tracks or tarmac. If we could sort that out and improve the surrounding areas then we would have as good a set up as any club our size.
Yes, a new stadium would, IMO, be problematic. Where? It would have to be outside the town, no-one wants a football ground next to their house, planning permission could be a problem? some former industrial land by the M5 ?
Would prefer some improvement to The Shrine, maybe increase capacity by a few thousand.
Rephrasing my question, is it in any way more financially viable to replace our current stadium with a new, 5 k bigger one within emotional distance ( 5 miles)?
No there ay
Someone could have been killed
(03-28-2024, 01:36 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: No there ay

What's your qualifications mate?
(03-01-2024, 11:13 AM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: I only think to the edge of the east stand as they are factory's in between

From that edge you have the Concentric works which have been empty for donkey's years, and the Apollo 2000 site that nobody wants. The land is well located, but only if somebody plans a major scheme there.
(03-28-2024, 01:39 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(03-28-2024, 01:36 PM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: No there ay

What's your qualifications mate?

I've played Sim City.