Magic Mikey
(03-10-2024, 06:13 PM)It's Only a Game Wrote: Just looked at the Celtic forums again. 

Those previously posting vitriolic dismissive comments that he is playing in an inferior league and is a one-trick pony, are doubling down and posting more vitriol. 

There is however a lot of good-will towards him and a growing opinion that overall the Championship is a better quality league than Celtic play in, which to be fair, does give him more space to work with. 

Overall though they think he should move on and he has had his chance at Celtic.  He's got a year left on his contract apparently.  

Go get him Baldy.

Forgot to add,  that Celtic fans think, in their arrogant magnificent benevolence, that CC would feel  honoured to be bestowed as the replacement for Rodgers when he is inevitably sacked. 

The make the fishy fuckers in Witton look quite modest in comparison.
(03-10-2024, 08:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 08:08 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: He's class. Properly class.

I don’t expect this form to continue if we sign him on a permanent as it’s just crazy the impact he’s having. The beauty of our current front 4, although it’s lacking a target man, it’s very difficult to double up on him as there are 3 other players who can hurt you.

I know the benefits a Dike or BTA can add to this, but I really like the fluidity of the Wallace false 9. When it clicks we are unplayable.

Think Wallace as the false 9 yesterday had a massive impact on the turnaround. His constant running into space behind gave Johnston etc more space to work in and also was crucial to constantly winning the second ball.

He certainly has his limitations when playing up front - but he 100% offers something different. It's good to know we have options suited to different situations and teams.
(03-10-2024, 07:39 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 04:13 PM)Johnny akes Wrote: Putting myself up for a shoeing here, but as much as I like Johnston and his impact so far does he offer anything more than Grant did when he first joined us? Same trick of cutting in from the left and shooting, but once Grant was found out he quickly became a liability. Is Johnston going to go the same way? I can’t believe defences will continue to let him cut in now that they know how dangerous he is.

This is ageing well. 

One of the reasons he is able to cut back inside is because he’s as willing to go down the line. So the defender is never sure which way to cover. That’s the beauty of him. 

Today is a great example.

I think we've seen the benefit now of the defenders over-covering the cut back inside. The last couple of games, I've been looking out for and noticing that he's very happy to push down the wing. His 2nd goal against Hudds was a product of that, and I'm sure I saw him do it a few times against QPR too.

He's now proven he can go both ways which makes the defenders job so so difficult. His willingness to also burst in to the box/penalty spot area when the play is on the other wing was evident too for the first goal.

On this showing, I'd say he's more versatile than Grant ever was for us. It's been an incredible impact.
Matheus Periera i would agrue single handily dragged us to promotion.
I’m hoping MJ can have the same influence.
(03-11-2024, 11:49 AM)CorbsIsMagic Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 08:18 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 08:08 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: He's class. Properly class.

I don’t expect this form to continue if we sign him on a permanent as it’s just crazy the impact he’s having. The beauty of our current front 4, although it’s lacking a target man, it’s very difficult to double up on him as there are 3 other players who can hurt you.

I know the benefits a Dike or BTA can add to this, but I really like the fluidity of the Wallace false 9. When it clicks we are unplayable.

Think Wallace as the false 9 yesterday had a massive impact on the turnaround. His constant running into space behind gave Johnston etc more space to work in and also was crucial to constantly winning the second ball.

He certainly has his limitations when playing up front - but he 100% offers something different. It's good to know we have options suited to different situations and teams.
This. The interchanging between Jed, Grady and Mikey was awesome second half. The turn and pass from Grady to Mikey for his second goal was pure class. Its so good having two wingers who can go either way, defences are having major headaches trying to cope with them.
Spot on that. Our best away performances have included Jed as false nine.
(03-10-2024, 11:41 PM)Geralous Wrote: He’s got an edginess that wish Grady had!

I like Johnston as a winger as he is doing the dirty work as well as the forward attacking, but one point to be aware of is that he has scored 6 goals in 7 shots so the scoring run will come to an end. If he still scores at 1 in 3 or 4 that he still will be a very good player and I would want him to increase his shots per game.