Match Thread
(04-28-2024, 08:00 AM)Stillclem4england Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 07:05 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Difficult to describe how abject that was yesterday.

Got out of the ramshackled stadium no sooner the third went in with hundreds of others pouring out; we’d had enough of witnessing a Wednesday celebration as our lot went through the motions.
From the start we never really looked right but you hoped it was one of our regular game of two halves.
But the start of the second half was dismal.
We actually looked like the relegation candidates but also like a team with no energy or passion. This was reflected in half hearted backing from the fans; feeding off the low intensity of our team.
Philips was, unfortunately, back to the usual post injury Phillips. Slow, lumbering and ineffective. I think his time with us may be done ( prove me wrong in the P/Os Matty !).
Diagana was so wasteful and lightweight, Okay strolling around as though we were winning a training match.
MVila looked way off the pace and, as a team we looked disjointed going forward and vulnerable at the back.
Palmer made a few decent saves but seemed very unsettled yesterday.
However, we can’t say this was a real surprise even allowing for a good performance at Leicester as our overall play has been mediocre for the past few months. The ok results have masked the performances.
Need to see something next Saturday to give us a bit of hope.
Agree with all of that.

Easy for people who don’t go to post about over reactions but there was A LOT of anger in that away end yesterday. For me the worst performance of Carlos’ reign in a must win game.
Yes, though I think it was more dismay and resignation that we will limp into the play offs at best which has dampened much of the positivity and excitement.
I expect well limp over the line but it feels a bit hollow as we needed a boost in confidence both on and off the pitch.

(04-28-2024, 08:19 AM)Sliced Wrote: Yesterday was proof that stats don't tell the whole story. 65% possession, 23 shots, but we were absolutely awful

Can only presume most of that was once we had already been thrashed…
(04-28-2024, 07:51 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 07:36 AM)KRO Wrote: Was it as bad as the scoreline suggests yesterday?
(Apologies for not reading the thread btw)

Worse

Bloody hell. 
If you don’t play well though in this league you don’t win games or get beat usually.
Mad really you’ve got to go into Preston not guaranteed a top 5 never mind top 6 spot. You’ll be fine though