Ratings
Thought Holgate played well last 15 minutes,thought he was terrible up till then
(04-19-2019, 05:38 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 04:17 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Johnstone - 2 - what he has to do to get dropped I’ve no idea. His form has arguably cost us a real chance of second.

Wasn’t great today by any stretch but to say he has cost us second place is a colossal overreaction. Quite simply Norwich, Leeds and Sheff U have been better over 40+ games and every time we’ve had an opportunity to close up on them we, as a squad, have choked it.

Johnstone is a bang average Championship goalie who gets a lot of unfair stick due to succeeding Foster...however his performances against Bristol and Millwall have cost us points that would have seen us with an outside shout.

Agreed we are where we are due to a whole season, but the last few games he’s been very poor.
If it weren't for Johnstone v Brentford and Swansea then we would've lost. He was player of the month last month. Swings and roundabouts
(04-19-2019, 06:35 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 04:17 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Johnstone - 2 - what he has to do to get dropped I’ve no idea. His form has arguably cost us a real chance of second.

Wasn’t great today by any stretch but to say he has cost us second place is a colossal overreaction. Quite simply Norwich, Leeds and Sheff U have been better over 40+ games and every time we’ve had an opportunity to close up on them we, as a squad, have choked it.

Johnstone is a bang average Championship goalie who gets a lot of unfair stick due to succeeding Foster...however his performances against Bristol and Millwall have cost us points that would have seen us with an outside shout.

Agreed we are where we are due to a whole season, but the last few games he’s been very poor.

As Slice says, what about the games where he’s won us points? You can’t just take two matches out of 40 in isolation.
Harsh to blame him for first goal it was a great shot
(04-19-2019, 06:41 PM)Sliced Wrote: If it weren't for Johnstone v Brentford and Swansea then we would've lost. He was player of the month last month. Swings and roundabouts

Correct.
(04-19-2019, 06:55 PM)Duffers Wrote:

As Slice says, what about the games where he’s won us points? You can’t just take two matches out of 40 in isolation.

it's about 5 games in isolation  Big Grin Big Grin

My opinion is well documented. I think he is bang average, and has roughly cost us as many points as he has gained us.
(04-19-2019, 07:52 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

My opinion is well documented. I think he is bang average, and has roughly cost us as many points as he has gained us.

In which case he evens out and can’t be held responsible.

Just out of interest so I can gauge your goalkeeping views.

Thoughts on Foster, Carson and Myhill.
(04-19-2019, 08:00 PM)Albion Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 05:38 PM)Duffers Wrote: Wasn’t great today by any stretch but to say he has cost us second place is a colossal overreaction. Quite simply Norwich, Leeds and Sheff U have been better over 40+ games and every time we’ve had an opportunity to close up on them we, as a squad, have choked it.

Just out of interest so I can gauge your goalkeeping views.

Thoughts on Foster, Carson and Myhill.

All in previous threads.

(04-19-2019, 08:00 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 05:38 PM)Duffers Wrote: Wasn’t great today by any stretch but to say he has cost us second place is a colossal overreaction. Quite simply Norwich, Leeds and Sheff U have been better over 40+ games and every time we’ve had an opportunity to close up on them we, as a squad, have choked it.

In which case he evens out and can’t be held responsible.

I haven't blamed him. I've just said that I don't rate him.