FFP Points deductions
(04-25-2019, 08:30 AM)Three Degrees Wrote: Clubs have basically laughed at the laws and told everyone connected to piss off , we'll do as we want .

At the end of the day money talks it always does.
Well, if you've got a wealthy owner just do what Derby did to get around it. They were in deep until they sold the Pride Park stadium to the owner, Mel Morris, for £80m.

They don't even have to pay him any rent!
(04-25-2019, 11:58 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Well, if you've got a wealthy owner just do what Derby did to get around it. They were in deep until they sold the Pride Park stadium to the owner, Mel Morris, for £80m.

I thought the old inflated ground price trick had been stopped?
Shouldn’t a EFL approved property valuer be employed to put a realistic price on the ground ?
(04-25-2019, 11:58 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Well, if you've got a wealthy owner just do what Derby did to get around it. They were in deep until they sold the Pride Park stadium to the owner, Mel Morris, for £80m.

I thought the were paying a commercial rent - this is what defines the value as yield expressed against the rent.

Whilst Derby may rejoice that this "trick" has saved them, they can only do it once. Furthermore, if Morris becomes disillusioned (as most owners do), he now has a revenue stream that gives him some value, and can be sold quickly.

This is a quick fix, but one that has the capacity to end in tears. It could be another Leeds. Their ground ended up in the hands of a Jewish investor (via a BVI company) that I used to deal with, and he was adamant that if Leeds wanted Elland Road back, then it would cost them - and it did.