PFA team of the year
No Brom.   

[Image: skysports-championship-pfa-team_4649154....0424151426]

"West Brom fans have been telling us all season they've got the best squad in the league, so maybe Darren Moore did a good job after all"

Love, Adrian Durham.
Hard to argue with that lot really...

Given I’m not even sure who I’d say is our POTY it’s hard to say anyone has been consistently outstanding enough to be picked. Had Barnes remained here he’d have been a shoe-in but other than that Hegazi has probably been our most influential, and Rodriguez the most consistent.
Gayle over Abraham Shirley?

Abraham is too clumsy for me and looked woeful both times we’ve played them.

He’s obviously got something but I’d have Gayle every time.
(04-24-2019, 05:22 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Gayle over Abraham Shirley?

Gayle can do it all. Head, poach, get past players and deliver from step pieces.

Would anyone swop him for Abraham? Exactly.
(04-24-2019, 05:22 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Gayle over Abraham Shirley?

Bang on. Gayle every day of the week. But Abraham plays for Villa and the media love villa.

Quite simple.
I'd have Gayle and Gibbs in there.
(04-24-2019, 05:43 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: I'd have Gayle and Gibbs in there.

How did i forgot about Gibbs!! Best LB in the division imo.
PFA team isn’t about the best players in each position, but about the ones who have been the most instrumental/contributed the most, and I’d find it hard to argue any of our players have.

Gibbs is the best LB in the league but has missed 1/4 of the season, and our defence has hardly been impenetrable.

If I was building a team I’d take Gayle over Abraham all day long, but his goals and Grealish’s all round play have carried what’s an expensive but not fantastic Villa side into the promotion mix.

Surprised Cooper and Jansson are the two CBs as Leeds haven’t been defensively brilliant - Id argue Hegazi should probably be in there given I don’t think we’ve won a game he hasn’t started!
If Grealish can get in after his lay off, then so should Gibbs.

I don't think Gayle or Abraham should be in as I think Prem loan players should be excluded.
Abraham should not be in there, Gayle has had a better season that him. Maupay, Adams, Lolley and Bowen should be in there before Abraham as well. In fact, the fact that Bowen and Maupay have been overlooked for Abraham is bizarre.

Also, McGinn should be in there over Grealish.