Rotherham
A little stat about our opponents on Saturday, we have only played them three seasons in the league and all three seasons we have won promotion 1992/93, 2001/02 and 2003/04. another little quirk, in April 2002, we drew 1 1 in the game with the famous disallowed goal, that was a good yard over the line, ultimately it didn't affect us but it relegated Crewe on goal difference.
The 1992/93 away game was the beach party, from memory we won 3-0 and Bobby Taylor was going for a goal scoring record of some sort. I remember the linesman flagging Taylor offside and standing there with an inflated paddling pool on his head that had come out of the albion section on the side.

The pub on the island was fun, I think we caught them and the police by surprise that day.

Good statting though and let's hope it works...
(04-25-2019, 11:02 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: The 1992/93 away game was the beach party, from memory we won 3-0 and Bobby Taylor was going for a goal scoring record of some sort.  I remember the linesman flagging Taylor offside and standing there with an inflated paddling pool on his head that had come out of the albion section on the side.

The pub on the island was fun, I think we caught them and the police by surprise that day.

Brilliant day that was, seem to remember Bob getting 34 goals that season and receiving a shield on the pitch before the last game at home to Hull.
(04-25-2019, 11:09 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:02 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: The 1992/93 away game was the beach party, from memory we won 3-0 and Bobby Taylor was going for a goal scoring record of some sort.  I remember the linesman flagging Taylor offside and standing there with an inflated paddling pool on his head that had come out of the albion section on the side.

Brilliant day that was, seem to remember Bob getting 34 goals that season and receiving a shield on the pitch before the last game at home to Hull.

30 league goals, 37 in all competitions. I seem to remember him addressing the crowd after the play-off second leg against Swansea.

When the team coach came towards the island, I think we all knew that promotion would happen. We had momentum (like the seals have now  Angry )

We drank them out of beer that day. Only bottled cider left at the end!

Brilliant day. Remember that pub and an Albion fan who took advantage by heading to a supermarket and coming back with a boot full of tinnies and started selling them.

The team bus came past the island (must have been about 13:30) and they were all stood up applauding the fans.

Pretty sure that was pay at the gate day as well, craziness
I still can't get over that disallowed Jordao goal.

If that happened today (I understand it can't as we now have goal-line technology), and it relegated a Premier League team, I'd have thought the relegated side would have thought for their league status, given the money involved!
Clarnet v2.0
You still can't get over the goal lol

No you can't get over a death to your mom and dad or a child or a dear friend but a goal give your head a fucking wobble .
(04-25-2019, 01:53 PM)The liquidator Wrote: You still can't get over the goal lol

No you can't get over a death to your mom and dad or a child or a dear friend but a goal give your head a fucking wobble .

It's a figure of speach. Calm down.
Clarnet v2.0
(04-25-2019, 11:14 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:09 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

30 league goals, 37 in all competitions. I seem to remember him addressing the crowd after the play-off second leg against Swansea.

Weren't there a Bob Taylor 38 goals T-shirt or did I dream that?