Hope Lai sells up in the summer
My hope is, we get promoted through the play offs, Guochaun Lai, sells up once were in the Premier League. He can probably re coup his £150-200 million. If we stay down, there is no way, he will re coup any where near that figure. Be about £40-50 million. He wouldn't sell for that.

If we stay down, he won't invest much. We're screwed with these owners, been a disaster from the start. Get them out. Protest anything. They need removing. Ruining our club.
Dexys?
(04-25-2019, 08:40 PM)MGalea Wrote: Dexys?

Dexys ? What you mean  Dodgy
When Lai purchased the club he had £40 million in the bank with the deal - this has now gone, we are now actually in debt.
Evans, Chadli, McClean, Foster have been sold and Burke now basically worthless. (Est Value £75 million last year)
Asset wise the club is worth £100 million less now and we are now a championship team.
Lai will not invest a penny and I cannot see him selling with a £100 million loss either.
If we go up he could afford to play without a single fan and still be financially better off then in the championship with fans.
So do you think if we stayed in the Championship, Lai would look to sell up or not. Wasn't an American investor linked to buying us. Plus sure I heard some local investors, were keen on getting him out, don't know how true that was. I know the American bid was a concrete offer.

Lai is a fake billionaire, how can the Birmingham Mail put his personal wealth at 2.6 billion. Utter bollocks. No one knows what it is. Just wish he'd sell up, has n interest in us, one interview since buying us. This new chairman, Pi Youlie, never once spoken in program, or done a interview.

Think Jenkins, is the man man, and a Dowling left with the recruitment. Bunch of incompetent, arse holes. Sooner they were gone as well.
(04-25-2019, 08:55 PM)KfordBaggie Wrote: So do you think if we stayed in the Championship, Lai would look to sell up or not. Wasn't an American investor linked to buying us. Plus sure I heard some local investors, were keen on getting him out, don't know how true that was. I know the American bid was a concrete offer.

Lai is a fake billionaire, how can the Birmingham Mail put his personal wealth at 2.6 billion. Utter bollocks. No one knows what it is. Just wish he'd sell up, has n interest in us, one interview since buying us. This new chairman, Pi Youlie, never once spoken in program, or done a interview.

Think Jenkins, is the man man, and a Dowling left with the recruitment. Bunch of incompetent, arse holes. Sooner they were gone as well.
I don't think Jenkins is incompetent he was brought in to cut costs and steady the ship financially against a possible relegation this he is very good at, unfortunately he knows Jack shite about football matters which we have seen all to clearly this season and last season.
(04-25-2019, 08:49 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: When Lai purchased the club he had £40 million in the bank with the deal - this has now gone, we are now actually in debt.
Evans, Chadli, McClean, Foster have been sold and Burke now basically worthless. (Est Value £75 million last year)
Asset wise the club is worth £100 million less now and we are now a championship team.
Lai will not invest a penny and I cannot see him selling with a £100 million loss either.
If we go up he could afford to play without a single fan and still be financially better off then in the championship with fans.

(04-25-2019, 09:28 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 08:55 PM)KfordBaggie Wrote: So do you think if we stayed in the Championship, Lai would look to sell up or not. Wasn't an American investor linked to buying us. Plus sure I heard some local investors, were keen on getting him out, don't know how true that was. I know the American bid was a concrete offer.

I don't think Jenkins is incompetent he was brought in to cut costs and steady the ship financially against a possible relegation this he is very good at, unfortunately he knows Jack shite about football matters which we have seen all to clearly this season and last season.
I wonder if him, and Dowling will keep there jobs, if we don't go up. Undecided
Even if we don't go up Jenkins and Dowling are safe for another season. However if we are still in the Championship at the end of next season the parachute payment fall that much an investment from the owner of £20 million will be needed. (As all other clubs are doing) This is just to stay afloat. If Lai has to spend money Jenkins will be at risk of being fired.
(04-25-2019, 10:10 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Even if we don't go up Jenkins and Dowling are safe for another season. However if we are still in the Championship at the end of next season the parachute payment fall that much an investment from the owner of £20 million will be needed. (As all other clubs are doing) This is just to stay afloat. If Lai has to spend money Jenkins will be at risk of being fired.

How do you know Dowling will be safe? Jenkins is clearly Lai's golden boy bean counter, but I'm not so sure about Dowling.
(04-25-2019, 08:49 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: When Lai purchased the club he had £40 million in the bank with the deal - this has now gone, we are now actually in debt.

The Club is worth nowhere near 100m as it stands.  

Unless he has money to burn I would think if we go up he'll sell for whatever he can get and if we don't he'll asset strip and sell for whatever he can.  

Cheers Baldilocks!

(04-25-2019, 09:41 PM)KfordBaggie Wrote:

(04-25-2019, 09:28 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

I wonder if him, and Dowling will keep there jobs, if we don't go up. Undecided

Don't tell me Dowling is still here?  

In line with ruthless Chinese business practices and pride, they'll both be shown the door if we don't make it.