Your biggest concern for the Playoffs?
(05-07-2019, 07:55 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:31 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 09:12 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: apart from all that has been mentioned about the general apathy at the club, the absolute media wankfest if the final is Vile vs Derby

Surely the ideal final from a Sky point of view is Villa v Leeds?

Terry v Lampard surely?

Didn't think of it like that.
Clarnet v2.0
(05-06-2019, 09:29 PM)11amstart Wrote: Booking a hotel in London for the final, as the Villa fans have booked them all already! They once won the European Cup, don’t you know!

Don’t worry they soon become available very soon after 14/5/2019
My only concern for the play offs would be whether the players turn up.

I cannot affect their mood or application though so it ceases to be my concern.

All I can do is make sure I  turn up and let the rest take care of itself.

Chilling  Cool .
Shockingly bad that we go into a Playoff Semi Final talking about a lack of intensity or whether we`ll turn up or not.

Fucking disgusting if that happens - I can take defeat, any defeat, so long as we throw the proverbial kitchen sink at it and empty the bedrooms and living room in the process. I believe in new football money speak its called leaving it all out on the pitch.

Don`t you fucking dare give me half measures Albion.
I'm quietly confident.

Albion manage to surprise you when you least expect it.

Appy will be offering bits of advice to Shan don't forget. That could be crucial.
(05-07-2019, 02:07 PM)Brunty Wrote: I'm quietly confident.

Appy will be offering bits of advice to Shan don't forget. That could be crucial.

When else would you surprise someone?
(05-07-2019, 02:08 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 02:07 PM)Brunty Wrote: I'm quietly confident.

When else would you surprise someone?

Ziz could surprise us all by paying up.
(05-06-2019, 08:12 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 07:51 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 07:32 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 07:22 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I just don't think we're good enough and I don't think the players have enough heart and fight for two intense derby games.

Josh I think your wrong - They will put on a show and will make us proud, they are also in the shop window.
I'm sure we will beat the seals, that's a given.  Leeds will beat Derby I'm sure of that. So its us V Leeds at Wembley.
On current form I believe we can also beat them, but it would be close.

Shop window means nothing. The likes of Dawson will have planned their escape months ago.

Does he like Pina Colada??

He was on the beach when he let Waghorn go for Derby’s first goal!
(05-05-2019, 04:54 PM)Atomic Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 04:50 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 03:41 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Been exactly the same all season though.
Only burst into life when we go behind it seems.
Keep expecting some real big dominating performances from the so called talent this squad but rarely get it.
Still hoping they will be collectively up for it in the big upcoming games - we have the players but do we have the organisation, cohesion or real disire ???

Organisation - yes at full strength.  3-5-2.  

Cohesion - the 3-5-2 has been fairly cohesive.  Shan has said he knows his best team.  I suspect he'll go for experience with Brunt, Livermore and Johansen in CM.      

Real desire??  The players must realise that if we don't go up, this squad one way or another,  will be decimated.  So there should be desire but Dawson for one has stunk the place out this season.     

The truth is we just don't know what team is going to turn up next Saturday.

You're assuming we'll go 3-5-2. Today, and at times lately, we've set up 3-4-3, which I think is ridiculous. If you play three at the back you really need the extra man in midfield.

Really don't know mate. 

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the game will be won in midfield and we have to be very robust and get a grip on McGinn and Grealish. 

Just as I was thinking he was looking OK Bartley put a horror show in at Derby. 

I wonder whether taking him out and going 4 at the back as we were in the recent win there and choking the midfield. 

So;

Johnstone

Holgate Dawson Hegazi Gibbs

Phillips Livermore Johansen Brunt Rodriquez

Gayle 

With Phillips, J Rod, Holgate and Gibbs pushing on when we're in their half.
(05-07-2019, 03:17 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Really don't know mate. 

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the game will be won in midfield and we have to be very robust and get a grip on McGinn and Grealish. 

Absolutely this. We either stifle them by playing deep with a back 4/5 and midfield 4/3 all compact and tight and try to hit them on the counter or we have to play a solid 4 in midfield to reduce the spaces. The Derby game was a classic game of what we can't do. How many times did they run to the edge of our box without a challenge? It's not a because it's Villa thing it's because mobile and decent teams in this division can take advantage of our complete lack of tactical nous and effort. Leeds away another.
I'm also convinced that if Bartley plays centre of a 5 against Abraham we'll be torn a new one