Jimmy Shanbles
I know Shan has stumbled into the role and is trying his best but we currently look a shambles, forget results, those that have attended know we have looked poor, lack motivation, lack creativity and pace, now we look defensively frail and disorganised.

The 5 or 3 at the back make us weaker, we have little attacking flair out wide, Harper looks like a spoilt kid, Bartley a liability and our tactics look non existent.

The board or owner have cocked up big time here and not only left us with another year if not years out of the PL, it has also meant a potential mauling by Villa.

I really hope I am wrong, but the longer Shan has, the worse we are look8ng.

Sam J
Holgate
Hegazi
Dawson
Gibbs

Phillips
Brunt
Johanson
Livermore

JRod
Gayle
Once again for the hard of hearing at the back.

Results. Are. All. That. Matters.

We have decent players but we've never blended as a team, Shan deserves immense credit for what he has done in the time he has had, considering the hand he was dealt. He will go on to be a manager in his own right in the next few years.

My dislike for our fan base grows each day, I never want to be like Villa but can we at least try supporting our team a bit.
(05-06-2019, 07:00 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Once again for the hard of hearing at the back.

Results. Are. All. That. Matters.

We have decent players but we've never blended as a team, Shan deserves immense credit for what he has done in the time he has had, considering the hand he was dealt. He will go on to be a manager in his own right in the next few years.

My dislike for our fan base grows each day, I never want to be like Villa but can we at least try supporting our team a bit.

Hear, hear! We’re in the playoffs, against a team we finished above, with a home advantage! COYB.
You can't blame Shan at all. He has been put in a position that anyone of us would have accepted and not done badly. The players are culpable for a lot many like yesterday strolling round with minimal effort and I hope hrk never puts on a baggies shirt again.
The problem is there's only one way out of the whole mess and that's promotion. My feeling is it is unlikely not because of the talent we have but because of the lack of desire and mental fortitude.
We didn't win a home game in nearly 3 months under Moore with a back 4. We've won 5 in a row at home with a back 5 under Shan.
Agree Bartley and Harper (+ Murphy) shouldn't be in the side.
(05-06-2019, 06:57 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: I know Shan has stumbled into the role and is trying his best but we currently look a shambles, forget results, those that have attended know we have looked poor, lack motivation, lack creativity and pace, now we look defensively frail and disorganised.

The 5 or 3 at the back make us weaker, we have little attacking flair out wide, Harper looks like a spoilt kid, Bartley a liability and our tactics look non existent.

The board or owner have cocked up big time here and not only left us with another year if not years out of the PL, it has also meant a potential mauling by Villa.

Sam J
Holgate
Hegazi
Dawson
Gibbs

Phillips
Brunt
Johanson
Livermore

JRod
Gayle

This is absolutely the team he should play. Its fucking obvious
(05-06-2019, 08:52 AM)aj21 Wrote:
(05-06-2019, 06:57 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: I know Shan has stumbled into the role and is trying his best but we currently look a shambles, forget results, those that have attended know we have looked poor, lack motivation, lack creativity and pace, now we look defensively frail and disorganised.

Sam J
Holgate
Hegazi
Dawson
Gibbs

Phillips
Brunt
Johanson
Livermore

JRod
Gayle

This is absolutely the team he should play. Its fucking obvious

yup - should be good enough - lets face it the play offs are a lottery - If we turn up we're capable of beating anyone on the day, just depends on if we decide to turn up or not - I'm not too fussed if we don't make it this season, as I always thought it would take two seasons out of the top flight, as long as those fishy fuggers don't go up I ay bothered.
This team almost picks itself, but play the 5 defenders and we are losing out in midfield.

Sam J
Holgate
Hegazi
Dawson
Gibbs

Phillips
Brunt
Johanson
Livermore

JRod
Gayle

Now that is the team we've been crying out for.
(05-06-2019, 08:35 AM)billybassett Wrote: You can't blame Shan at all. He has been put in a position that anyone of us would have accepted and not done badly. The players are culpable for a lot many like yesterday strolling round with minimal effort and I hope hrk never puts on a baggies shirt again.
The problem is there's only one way out of the whole mess and that's promotion. My feeling is it is unlikely not because of the talent we have but because of the lack of desire and mental fortitude.

Shan is doing the best he can in the circumstances but needs to be more flexible and hopefully Reid and Appleton will have a positive influence.  

The real problems lie at the very top of the organisation - with the owners and so called Board.  It's clear that they are never going to invest in the club so the sooner they go the better, as what's the point?   I guess going up gives a better chance of them selling up if there's anyone out there. 

I really hope a new Manager is in place by no later than 1 June, otherwise this lot will have sunk to unheard of incompetency. .  

We all want to be in the top flight but as things stand -  football-wise - going up will be an unmitigated disaster with this squad. 

I know people will say worry about that when you get there but how many of these players are good enough? 

When we went down we lost 4 proven quality players.   Foster, Evans, Chadli (yes, I know...) and Rondon.  We would need to replace those and many more.   We will get 20m for Rondon if we go up,  but that won't go far. 

Barry, Brunt and Morrison are finished at Prem level. They just haven't got the legs but it wouldn't surprise me if we give Brunt another year at whatever level. 

That leaves Gibbs, Dawson, Hegazi, Phillips and J-Rod  - though Dawson has been poor for two years and absolutely has to go for me as his attitude stinks.   

So FOUR players who can maybe cut it at Prem level?

That would mean we would need to sign a minimum of 10 prem quality players in just over 2 months, as the window closes on 8 August.  It's just not going to happen is it?   So we would struggle big-time.

Our loanees go back and based on what I've seen only Gayle would be a worthwhile acquisition for the Prem,  but then only as a squad member.  Holgate started well but has turned to shit.  Johansen may be worthy of consideration but the jury's out. 

Apart from Field, our younger players have little or limited experience at prem level.  Burke and Leko haven't really been given an opportunity but there are very big question marks against them.  Harper may sign a contract but not good enough to hold a place down at prem level.  

I hope we go up but I could see nothing other than immediate relegation back to the Chump. If we do, maybe we have to boing up and down for a few seasons as previously until we're good enough to stick.  

All season I have thought our quality would eventually see us through to promotion.  Auto disappeared a few weeks ago and we now look out of sorts.   Hopefully it's just a bit of disappointment/temporary malaise about missing out on auto and the players will now focus their minds for the next 3 games and get the job done.   Dodgy Rolleyes