Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capital of the Black Country
(10-07-2016, 12:43 PM)MGalea Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 11:27 AM)paddock seats Wrote: It will be all greater Birmingham soon and sooner the better will lift the black country to another level and bring more

money and jobs to a floundering part of the midlands

Does the next level involve entertainment?
 Not if Pulis has any say in the matter it wont.

(10-07-2016, 12:43 PM)MGalea Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 11:27 AM)paddock seats Wrote: It will be all greater Birmingham soon and sooner the better will lift the black country to another level and bring more

money and jobs to a floundering part of the midlands

Does the next level involve entertainment?
 Not if Pulis has any say in the matter it wont.
(10-07-2016, 03:59 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: When did Merry Hills first phase spring up? Was it 1990?

Got to be around then, I remember nearly killing myself as I got distracted by a fit woman who walked past as i was using an old terrazzo floor grinding machine and it nearly dragged me off the top floor!
(10-07-2016, 08:28 PM)King Astle Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 03:59 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: When did Merry Hills first phase spring up? Was it 1990?

Got to be around then, I remember nearly killing myself as I got distracted by a fit woman who walked past as i was using an old terrazzo floor grinding machine and it nearly dragged me off the top floor!

The shithole opened in 1985.
Did it? I definitely remember working on it a yr or 2 after leaving school and I left in 1987. Did they build it in phases then as I may have worked on the 2nd phase if that's the case.
(10-07-2016, 08:38 PM)King Astle Wrote: Did it? I definitely remember working on it a yr or 2 after leaving school and I left in 1987. Did they build it in phases then as I may have worked on the 2nd phase if that's the case.

I had to Google it mate. I'd have gone 1990 myself.

Is the battleground that used to be called The Waterfront still going?
I dunno about the waterfront now, but my mates boyfriend was seriously beaten up by some bouncers there in the early 2000's.
(10-07-2016, 08:43 PM)King Astle Wrote: I dunno about the waterfront now, but my mates boyfriend was seriously beaten up by some bouncers there in the early 2000's.

Went once - never went again.

I can handle places that are rough but that place had a really nasty atmosphere to it. Lots of pussy though!
(10-07-2016, 10:43 AM)74bus Wrote: Correct, all of you - and since I lived down the road in Tipton, I should hang my head in shame. Mind you, when I was younger, it deserved it's unofficial title - Birdcage Walk, The Safari, Queen Mary Ballroom, The Jazz Club, thriving market, loads of good pubs, etc.
If I ever go through it nowadays, looking at that bloody awful area surrounded by bus stations and noting the effect that Merry Hell has had on the place, it makes me want to weep.

Dow ferget JBs....
(10-07-2016, 09:29 PM)swordfish Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 10:43 AM)74bus Wrote: Correct, all of you - and since I lived down the road in Tipton, I should hang my head in shame. Mind you, when I was younger, it deserved it's unofficial title - Birdcage Walk, The Safari, Queen Mary Ballroom, The Jazz Club, thriving market, loads of good pubs, etc.
If I ever go through it nowadays, looking at that bloody awful area surrounded by bus stations and noting the effect that Merry Hell has had on the place, it makes me want to weep.

Dow ferget JBs....

I never frequented the place but I know quite a few that did and it seemed to have almost cult status.

What was that dodgy nightclub by the zoo called? On stilts.
(10-07-2016, 09:40 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 09:29 PM)swordfish Wrote:

Dow ferget JBs....

I never frequented the place but I know quite a few that did and it seemed to have almost cult status.

What was that dodgy nightclub by the zoo called? On stilts.

No Limits......or as my bro called it, No Standards.