Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capital of the Black Country
(10-08-2016, 07:09 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 02:54 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 09:53 PM)gertcha Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 09:40 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(10-07-2016, 09:29 PM)swordfish Wrote: Dow ferget JBs....

I never frequented the place but I know quite a few that did and it seemed to have almost cult status.

What was that dodgy nightclub by the zoo called? On stilts.

Bentley's
I can remember when there were actual birds in birdcage walk and The Albion was always a favourite watering hole of mine.
Bentleys wasn't actually that bad, and teddy grays is still going strong. There are actually some really nice builbings in Dudley if you take the time to look, ever since I was a nipper being dragged round the market I've always had a soft spot for the place. Have they sorted the fountain out yet?

Echoes my early years exactly. Used to love the 'parrots' as a kid. The Shrewsbury Arms was a decent pub during my youth. Often enjoyed a bevvy in Dudley and the old JBs was legendary. You always had to keep an eye out for trouble but on the whole there was a lot about the place I liked. Not set foot there for a very long time.

I still like Dudley.As said there are some lovely buildings and I still frequent the !library often. The museum is well worth a visit (all of Duncan Edwards caps on display) and the zoo is much better these days.