Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton
Stayed on the South Coast over the weekend and went to the Brighton - Fulham match. A few observations:

Fulham were so far superior in the first half that they must have felt sick going in only one goal in front. Although Brighton did better in the second half, how they ended up winning the match I'll never know. I also thought they were lucky to draw against Villa the other week, so I'll be looking to back against them in the coming weeks.

I kept a close eye on Lewis Dunk, since we've been linked with him in the past. He certainly fits one of Tony's criteria, since he's about 6 ft 4, but he's not slow and he looks like a decent player.  At the moment McAuley looks like he could play forever, but we do need to look at younger options and if Brighton don't go up (which looks quite possible judged on what I've seen), I'd like us to look at him.

The only thing I saw of Pocognoli was him warming up every so often along the touchline. He didn't get on and he's being kept out of the team by Bong, who looks a bang average Championship player. I'd told my mate, who's a Brighton supporter, that Pocognoli was well up to Championship standard, but now there's another manager who doesn't seem to rate him. I wonder if he's another Amalfitano type, because he should be getting games in this team.
74bus Wrote:Stayed on the South Coast over the weekend and went to the Brighton - Fulham match. A few observations:

Fulham were so far superior in the first half that they must have felt sick going in only one goal in front. Although Brighton did better in the second half, how they ended up winning the match I'll never know. I also thought they were lucky to draw against Villa the other week, so I'll be looking to back against them in the coming weeks.

I kept a close eye on Lewis Dunk, since we've been linked with him in the past. He certainly fits one of Tony's criteria, since he's about 6 ft 4, but he's not slow and he looks like a decent player.  At the moment McAuley looks like he could play forever, but we do need to look at younger options and if Brighton don't go up (which looks quite possible judged on what I've seen), I'd like us to look at him.

The only thing I saw of Pocognoli was him warming up every so often along the touchline. He didn't get on and he's being kept out of the team by Bong, who looks a bang average Championship player. I'd told my mate, who's a Brighton supporter, that Pocognoli was well up to Championship standard, but now there's another manager who doesn't seem to rate him. I wonder if he's another Amalfitano type, because he should be getting games in this team.

Poor Poco, his dreams are up in smoke.
Thank you 74. I am on a good run on the fixed odds at the moment, using about 7/8 regular sides. I took Brighton last sat. against Fulham for score and win, and won £15 on 'em. I was going to bring 'em into my stable! Think I'll hold on a bit Cheers Big Grin Big Grin
Might be best not to trust my judgement - I thought Pocognoli was half decent!
Seriously, though, I spent most of the game trying to work out how Brighton are so high in the table and if you did win £15 on that match, count yourself very lucky! Big Grin
(11-28-2016, 04:00 PM)74bus Wrote: Might be best not to trust my judgement - I thought Pocognoli was half decent!
Seriously, though, I spent most of the game trying to work out how Brighton are so high in the table and if you did win £15 on that match, count yourself very lucky! Big Grin

Even a very mediocre Reading team are near the top (3rd I think?)
Hopefully we don't have to taste football at that level for a few years
Newcastle are showing what a poor league it is.
I fully expect Norwich and Vile to be there or thereabouts by the end of the season.
(11-28-2016, 01:57 PM)74bus Wrote: Stayed on the South Coast over the weekend and went to the Brighton - Fulham match. A few observations:

How much did the bastards charge you to watch that shit, out of interest?
(11-28-2016, 10:21 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(11-28-2016, 01:57 PM)74bus Wrote: Stayed on the South Coast over the weekend and went to the Brighton - Fulham match. A few observations:

How much did the bastards charge you to watch that shit, out of interest?

Believe they ranged from £32 to £42 depending where you sit.
Bratislava Baggie Wrote:Newcastle are showing what a poor league it is.
I fully expect Norwich and Vile to be there or thereabouts by the end of the season.

I don't think Villa will make the top two, there's too much ground to make up on Newcastle and Brighton. The play-offs however are certainly not beyond them.
(11-29-2016, 09:12 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
Bratislava Baggie Wrote:Newcastle are showing what a poor league it is.

I don't think Villa will make the top two, there's too much ground to make up on Newcastle and Brighton. The play-offs however are certainly not beyond them.

I always fancied Villa for the playoffs but, as you say, top two is too much given the earlier turmoil.

Blues/Villa playoff final - imagine that!