Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today
Great result. Nyom's best game for us and Philips looks a totally different player from earlier in the season. I notice Foster hasn't had much of a mention, but that could be because we just expect him to be brilliant every match. Best goalkeeper I've seen at the Albion by a long way.
I know some people won't countenance any negative comments after we've won, but, tough - a blind man could have seen that Rondon was struggling today and should have been subbed, for his own sake, much earlier. Credit to the guy - he still gave everything he'd got, but we might go the well too often with this bloke (prepare for the 'Sixth and you're still moaning!' nonsense).
Great position to be in with the Chelsea match now a bonus ball. Roll on next Sunday!
Brilliant performance, cannot fault ant player, we are playing so well as a team and individuals are all at the top of their game.....Pulis take a bow
Rondon got absolutely nothing from the ref all game despite getting roughed up aots. He did well not to lose his rag and that passage of crap reffing led to Watford's goal. Some atrocious decisions.
Great result today. I've just got back from work so I'm just trying to catch up on events. Sounds like we controlled the game without being at our best.

Great to have a nice settled side and in form.

I heard there was a brawl with McLean. What happened?
(12-03-2016, 07:43 PM)Peachy Wrote: Great result today. I've just got back from work so I'm just trying to catch up on events. Sounds like we controlled the game without being at our best.

McClean came steaming in to win the ball he got there first, hit the ball hard and low at their player. Throwing given to us, their player has hissy fit kicks out gets sent off. McClean is rather angry / pumped up a mele ensues between players, coaches and a couple of stewards end up on pitch. Deeney talks himself into a yellow card, McClean gets yellow their player is given a red. We get throwing.

We didn't really control the match for much of it. They were better than us for the first ten mins, they then defended like a Mowbray team for our opener via a corner. We then got a fortunate deflection for our second. Throughout the game the ref failed to control the match, clamp down on their bully boy tactics. During a particularly awful period for him Watford scored. Phillips however calmed nerves with fantastic goal. 

Nyom, Phillips, Foster and our centre halves had great games. 

Watford are a robust, direct team who looked to bully us. They failed but you can see why they get results.
(12-03-2016, 07:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 07:43 PM)Peachy Wrote: Great result today. I've just got back from work so I'm just trying to catch up on events. Sounds like we controlled the game without being at our best.

McClean came steaming in to win the ball he got there first, hit the ball hard and low at their player. Throwing given to us, their player has hissy fit kicks out gets sent off. McClean is rather angry / pumped up a mele ensues between players, coaches and a couple of stewards end up on pitch. Deeney talks himself into a yellow card, McClean gets yellow their player is given a red. We get throwing.

We didn't really control the match for much of it. They were better than us for the first ten mins, they then defended like a Mowbray team for our opener via a corner. We then got a fortunate deflection for our second. Throughout the game the ref failed to control the match, clamp down on their bully boy tactics and during a particularly awful period for home Watford scored. Phillips however calmed nerves with fantastic goal. 

Nyom, Phillips, Foster and our centre halves hadn't great games. 

Watford are a robust, direct team who looked to bully us. They failed but you can see why they get results.

Cheers for that DH. Despite the typo's!!!  Big Grin
(12-03-2016, 07:58 PM)Peachy Wrote:

We didn't really control the match for much of it. They were better than us for the first ten mins, they then defended like a Mowbray team for our opener via a corner. We then got a fortunate deflection for our second. Throughout the game the ref failed to control the match, clamp down on their bully boy tactics and during a particularly awful period for home Watford scored. Phillips however calmed nerves with fantastic goal. 

Nyom, Phillips, Foster and our centre halves hadn't great games. 

Cheers for that DH. Despite the typo's!!!  Big Grin

Predictive text and two hours sleep last night is my excuse.

We didn't really control the match for much of it. They were better than us for the first ten mins, they then defended like a Mowbray team for our opener via a corner. We then got a fortunate deflection for our second. Throughout the game the ref failed to control the match, clamp down on their bully boy tactics. During a particularly awful period for him Watford scored. Phillips however calmed nerves with fantastic goal. 

Agree with all of that. I thought Watford could count themselves a bit unlucky to find themselves two down and they were always in the game until our third.
They had some very decent performances, especially Amrabat, I think we struggled with him all afternoon.
(12-03-2016, 08:11 PM)Baggie66 Wrote: Agree with all of that. I thought Watford could count themselves a bit unlucky to find themselves two down and they were always in the game until our third.
They had some very decent performances, especially Amrabat, I think we struggled with him all afternoon.
Probably their best player today.
(12-03-2016, 08:11 PM)Baggie66 Wrote:

Agree with all of that. I thought Watford could count themselves a bit unlucky to find themselves two down and they were always in the game until our third.

Which is why I'm so pleased with the result. It's come about through a great team performance. 

Last year we'd have drawn or lost this game.