Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today
Amrabat was fantastic and I was surprised how good Watford were. I'd be pretty disappointed to get nothing if I was them as they put us under a lot of pressure. Rondon started to struggle in second half (understandably) and that definitely helped them dominate. Agree that he needed replacing but I don't blame Pulis keeping him on as we have no-one else to do that job.
(12-03-2016, 08:33 PM)clem4england Wrote: Amrabat was fantastic and I was surprised how good Watford were. I'd be pretty disappointed to get nothing if I was them as they put us under a lot of pressure. Rondon started to struggle in second half (understandably) and that definitely helped them dominate. Agree that he needed replacing but I don't blame Pulis keeping him on as we have no-one else to do that job.
Fair enough, but I'd have preferred HRK (who I know couldn't do the same job as a fit Rondon) to come on sooner to spare the poor bugger. Halfway through the second half it was a bit like watching a boxer trying to stay on his feet whilst you're hoping the ref will stop the fight.
(12-03-2016, 08:11 PM)Baggie66 Wrote:
(12-03-2016, 07:55 PM)pid=\58555 Wrote:[quote pid='58553' dateline='1480794205']

Throughout the game the ref failed to control the match, clamp down on their bully boy tactics. During a particularly awful period for him Watford scored. Phillips however calmed nerves with fantastic goal. 

Nyom, Phillips, Foster and our centre halves had great games. 

Watford are a robust, direct team who looked to bully us. They failed but you can see why they get results.

Agree with all of that. I thought Watford could count themselves a bit unlucky to find themselves two down and they were always in the game until our third.
They had some very decent performances, especially Amrabat, I think we struggled with him all afternoon.
[/quote]

Spot on, Watford are robust but also quite skilful. Unfortunately for them their man got himself sent off just as they were pushing on. The incredibly incompetent ref managed to get the decision right (after some advice from the fourth official).
Must admit, when they were putting us under pressure and Amrabat was causing real problems, I turned to junior and said I'd bring McClean on now to protect Nyom and to kick Amrabat up in the air a few times.
Thought Amrabat was great - he's a horrid little cheat, but a bloody skilful one. Would love him in our team... he's like a more skilful McClean!

Cracking result today against a very good Watford side that really challenged us with physicality and skill. Was surprised that they've spent over £120m since getting promoted last summer... a fair bit has been dubious inter-Pozzo dealings but that's still a fair whack to lay out!