That atmosphere
Obviously still bitterly disappointed and so much has been spoken of the failings of the club behind the scenes which had an impact on our overall performance this year. But still I’m utterly overcome with pride. I’ve been going since 1989 and I can think of only a handful of games where the atmosphere rivalled Tuesday. It was incredible support and was thrilling to experience. Everybody on and off the pitch were united to beat those seal bastards.
Why can't we have that sort of atmosphere at every game next season? Might help a bit.
(05-17-2019, 07:38 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: Why can't we have that sort of atmosphere at every game next season? Might help a bit.

Because Luton at home on a freezing cold winter weekday evening isn't as enthralling, is it.
Clarnet v2.0
(05-17-2019, 07:38 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: Why can't we have that sort of atmosphere at every game next season? Might help a bit.
Because not every game in a play off semi final local derby.
Getting the recruitment right for a change (players and manager) is the only way of ensuring a decent atmosphere
I thought Richie Anderson was excellent again but his career will not allow him to be a permanent matchday fixture.

Russ Abbot is however available.
(05-17-2019, 07:08 AM)bigdavestackle Wrote: Obviously still bitterly disappointed and so much has been spoken of the failings of the club behind the scenes which had an impact on our overall performance this year. But still I’m utterly overcome with pride. I’ve been going since 1989 and I can think of only a handful of games where the atmosphere rivalled Tuesday. It was incredible support and was thrilling to experience. Everybody on and off the pitch were united to beat those seal bastards.

I agree, still buzzing on it.

Loved every second of that night (even leaving the ground after losing the shootout everyone seemed vibrant).
(05-17-2019, 08:31 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I thought Richie Anderson was excellent again but his career will not allow him to be a permanent matchday fixture.

Russ Abbot is however available.

He loves an atmoshere that lad

Doesn’t really work like that though does it.
I bet the likes of Liverpool or Citeh wish they could get a tenth of their recent CL games atmospheres.
So much aligned for Tuesday but I was, as hoped, a truely I Was There moment.
Sad that we just came up short on the pitch but we really can be proud of being a part of that.
Incredible that the Halfords were so animated -never though I’d see that again !
If we could create just a quarter of that atmosphere for or games next season could be worth 5 or 6 extra points at least at home imho one of the best and noisiest atmosphere I've experience in over 40yrs. I'm sure all that noise gave our lads the those twats ain't scoring tonight attitude.