Harper to Villa
Am I the only one who has a gut feeling he'll go there? Based on nothing at all by the way.

Just wonder if he was waiting to see what happened with them yesterday. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
first thing i thought of this morning ..he prob is a villa fan as well
Rainbow 
(05-28-2019, 07:18 AM)moley63 Wrote: first thing i thought of this morning 

Wow
(05-28-2019, 05:49 AM)Peachy Wrote: Am I the only one who has a gut feeling he'll go there? Based on nothing at all by the way.

Just wonder if he was waiting to see what happened with them yesterday. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Could be on to something there. Similar in style to Sawyers who Smith loved at Brentford/Walsall.

He is nowhere near prem level & I would be surprised if he ever was. Would prefer him to go there & get proper compo than Celtic for peanuts.
Their midfield would be weaker if he played.
(05-28-2019, 07:26 AM)B36baggie Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 05:49 AM)Peachy Wrote: Am I the only one who has a gut feeling he'll go there? Based on nothing at all by the way.

Could be on to something there. Similar in style to Sawyers who Smith loved at Brentford/Walsall.

He is nowhere near prem level & I would be surprised if he ever was. Would prefer him to go there & get proper compo than Celtic for peanuts.

I think anyone who can persuade Harper to move wide right and get up and down could have a player on their hands but I don’t see him as a central midfielder who will do what you need him to do. Sawyers is older but looks far more mature as well and looks more suited to his role.
He has previously been linked with Villa but he's also been linked with Norwich and Celtic since the season ended. I'd imagine that his agent will be touting him around everywhere at the moment and he'll just sign the best deal on the table.
(05-28-2019, 08:31 AM)Lightnin Wrote: He has previously been linked with Villa but he's also been linked with Norwich and Celtic since the season ended. I'd imagine that his agent will be touting him around everywhere at the moment and he'll just sign the best deal on the table.

We keep saying this but do we know who his agent is? Why does one always assume it is about money? Could it be Harper is reticent to sign a permanent deal with no Head Coach confirmed? Let’s give him the benefit of doubt. Maybe he waits to see what new person in charge says before deciding?
(05-28-2019, 08:36 AM)Albion Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 08:31 AM)Lightnin Wrote: He has previously been linked with Villa but he's also been linked with Norwich and Celtic since the season ended. I'd imagine that his agent will be touting him around everywhere at the moment and he'll just sign the best deal on the table.

We keep saying this but do we know who his agent is? Why does one always assume it is about money? Could it be Harper is reticent to sign a permanent deal with no Head Coach confirmed? Let’s give him the benefit of doubt. Maybe he waits to see what new person in charge says before deciding?

The other issue is that Harper might have an eye on our development of players between the ages 0f 18-21.

We have had a number of players who have excelled between the ages of 16-18 and not gone onto make it. 

Maybe he just thinks his career will prosper away from the club.
(05-28-2019, 08:36 AM)Albion Wrote:

The offer was on the table when Big Dave was in charge, someone he knew well and I assume respected.