Chris Wilder...
Wilder has worked wonders at his boyhood club, just can’t see him walking out on leading them in the PL regardless of how bad things are at board level.
(05-31-2019, 09:32 PM)Duffers Wrote: Wilder has worked wonders at his boyhood club, just can’t see him walking out on leading them in the PL regardless of how bad things are at board level.

That was my initial though as well, but there’s clearly something out there. The politics at Bramall Lane are toxic by all accounts. He may well have had enough.
(05-31-2019, 10:07 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(05-31-2019, 09:32 PM)Duffers Wrote: Wilder has worked wonders at his boyhood club, just can’t see him walking out on leading them in the PL regardless of how bad things are at board level.

That was my initial though as well, but there’s clearly something out there. The politics at Bramall Lane are toxic by all accounts. He may well have had enough.

Out of the frying pan comes to mind if it happens .
(06-01-2019, 07:23 AM)Three Degrees Wrote:

Out of the frying pan comes to mind if it happens .

To be fair our board can hardly be accused of interfering... until it’s P45 time. The rest of the tome Wilder will just be wandering the corridors alone asking where everyone is.

He never exactly looks happy doeS he?  Does his talking on the pitch though.

I think you're right. And I would be surprised if this even came close the happening. 

But, regardless of Sheffield being his boyhood club, if there's any unrest behind the scenes, and he genuinely believes that it'll affect his ability to manage survival, he may well leave. 

Stranger things in football have happened.
Clarnet v2.0
Low and behold new improve d contract negotiation s between Wilder and Sheff U have begun!
(06-01-2019, 01:52 PM)Stig of the Dump Wrote: Low and behold new improve d contract negotiation s between Wilder and Sheff U have begun!

We must have offered him a good deal then!
Clarnet v2.0
Even if we had planned talks with him we would probably offered him less than hes on now .
(06-01-2019, 01:52 PM)Stig of the Dump Wrote: Low and behold new improve d contract negotiation s between Wilder and Sheff U have begun!

I was going to post earlier that this had the same feel about it as when Stoke were first reported to be interested in Rowett. Derby immediately gave him an improved contract. 

This then backfired on us even more when we had to pay them much more compensation when we made him our manager 5 months later