Gary Monk gone?
(06-13-2019, 09:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Monk would be a far better choice than Bilic

Good morning Garry.
Jenko will be having palpitations ?
Monk was always our No1 target Big Grin
Have to say I don't fully understand the love that so many have on here for Gary Monk.

Not sure that his managerial career to date has shown anything that would indicate he can manage a team to promotion. He is not a poor manager and if consolidation along with a flirtation with the play offs is your target then he's your man.

Sure he has worked under difficult circumstances at Blues, but the truth of the matter is that he managed a squad of players capable of achieving a mid table position and well achieved a mid table position.

Would he be a catastrophe if he was appointed. I suspect not. Would we win promotion under his stewardship. I suspect not. Doubt he would leave much of a footprint at the club if he was to become manager.
(06-13-2019, 10:38 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Have to say I don't fully understand the love that so many have on here for Gary Monk.

Not sure that his managerial career to date has shown anything that would indicate he can manage a team to promotion. He is not a poor manager and if consolidation along with a flirtation with the play offs is your target then he's your man.

Sure he has worked under difficult circumstances at Blues, but the truth of the matter is that he managed a squad of players capable of achieving a mid table position and well achieved a mid table position.

Would he be a catastrophe if he was appointed. I suspect not. Would we win promotion under his stewardship. I suspect not. Doubt he would leave much of a footprint at the club if he was to become manager.

+1. Good post.

I’d prefer Bilic.
(06-13-2019, 10:38 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Have to say I don't fully understand the love that so many have on here for Gary Monk.

All true enough, but cheap to employ and cheap to sack. Exactly what Jenkins is looking for ! - the next scapegoat IMO for least amount of money.
He will put square pegs in square holes. That will be an improvement on last season.
(06-13-2019, 10:43 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: He will put square pegs in square holes. That will be an improvement on last season.

Slav cares not for squares.

Bang on the money. 

I certainly see Hughton as a better option than Bilic.  Not Monk
(06-13-2019, 10:56 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 10:43 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: He will put square pegs in square holes. That will be an improvement on last season.

Slav cares not for squares.

He does fuck about at the back, though.

Not sure .......