Jonathan Pearce.
Pearce is fine, it's Faye White's unbelievably repetitive and tedious inflection that drives me up the wall. Last night commentating on the France/Brazil game her monotone got me shouting at the telly - a very sad state of affairs for both of us.
He’s decent commentator,, I imagine that if I turned and listened to some posters on here at work it would range from tedious ti unbearable...
(06-24-2019, 07:42 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: He’s decent commentator,, I imagine that if I turned and listened to some posters on here at work it would range from tedious ti unbearable...

You been drinking?
(06-24-2019, 08:17 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 07:42 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: He’s decent commentator,, I imagine that if I turned and listened to some posters on here at work it would range from tedious ti unbearable...

You been drinking?

Not like Dekka to have a different opinion to 99% of the rest of the board.    Rolleyes

A bit like reading your posts.
(06-24-2019, 12:54 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:

A bit like reading your posts.

You replied dear boy.  Tongue
(06-24-2019, 06:48 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I know I'm in a minority on this one but I've always liked him. Tends to be knowledgeable about teams up and down the football pyramid, doesn't fellate the big clubs nor patronise the little clubs. You can't fake the passion he shows for football. Strikes me as the sort of bloke who will stop what he's doing whilst out if he spots 11v11, even on a parks pitch.

What's the betting he was first to sign up for commentating on the Women's WC ?

With you on this
(06-24-2019, 06:48 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I know I'm in a minority on this one but I've always liked him. Tends to be knowledgeable about teams up and down the football pyramid, doesn't fellate the big clubs nor patronise the little clubs. You can't fake the passion he shows for football. Strikes me as the sort of bloke who will stop what he's doing whilst out if he spots 11v11, even on a parks pitch.

Is this an attempt at toilet humour?

To be honest, it's only his loyalty to Pulis (they've apparently been mates since teenage years at Bristol Rovers) that bothers me. He seems competent at the job. I've never heard him overly praising the abominable Pulis (unlike Jason Mohammad and Robbie Savage).