Maupay
we want him but are far down in the pecking order apparently.

#wba are interested in Brentford's Neal Maupay but are behind Premier League clubs in the queue. #sufc current front-runners with #avfc also interested
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...the-queue/

The E&S article just about sums up the laborious way in which we conduct our business.

We're waiting to see if he moves to the premiership and, in the meantime, we won't pursue players for other positions until we know how much we may have to spend on Maupay - who isn't going to come to us anyway.
(07-12-2019, 11:33 AM)Dumbo Wrote: we want him but are far down in the pecking order apparently.

#wba are interested in Brentford's Neal Maupay but are behind Premier League clubs in the queue. #sufc current front-runners with #avfc also interested

You got me there SUFC are never a Prem club are they.Niether are AVFC.
Had to scratch me head and came up with Southend...........!
About right.
(07-12-2019, 11:43 AM)WWHO Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...the-queue/

The E&S article just about sums up the laborious way in which we conduct our business.

We're waiting to see if he moves to the premiership and, in the meantime, we won't pursue players for other positions until we know how much we may have to spend on Maupay - who isn't going to come to us anyway.

Where does the article say that?

Alternatively, it strongly suggests that Albion are sensibly targeting their highest priority area. If we started the season tomorrow, then striker would be the gaping hole, with right back next. The rest are competitive.

Nowhere does it say that we aren't looking at other strikers.

Most of our business will be done late - it stands to reason as promoted clubs are ahead of us in the queue.
A bit of monitoring never goes amiss.

I refuse to get too excited or upset about how things go in the summer transfer window. Things will sort themselves out by and by. But some of the clichés that get trotted out get a little tiresome - and the term monitoring is well beyond its use by date.
(07-12-2019, 12:48 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: A bit of monitoring never goes amiss.

I refuse to get too excited or upset about how things go in the summer transfer window. Things will sort themselves out by and by. But some of the clichés that get trotted out get a little tiresome - and the term monitoring is well beyond its use by date.
I'm with you Shabby. It never ceases to amaze me how so many fans on here can get so up or down on each step in the pre season restructures. We've all see many years of this. Big names leave, new ones come along etc etc. The post comparing now to 1986 was about the most bewildering.
There will be a lot done between now and the window closing and we have to see what way it all falls into place.
(07-12-2019, 11:33 AM)Dumbo Wrote: we want him but are far down in the pecking order apparently.

May as well be eyeing up Messi but you never know!
Left out of Brentford squad today.

Villa fans confident they’ll get him.
Another 20m pissed up the wall
I'd rather go under the radar thanks.
(07-20-2019, 07:47 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Left out of Brentford squad today.

Villa fans confident they’ll get him.

Let's hope he works out like the £14m Scott Hogan....... Big Grin