Loansters / post deadline free agents
Looking at our squad it does not look like there will be as many as last season, when I think  10 fell into this category: Aderbayor, Barnes, Gayle, Hoolahan, Mears, Sakho, Holgate, Johanssen, Murphy and Montero. Hopefully the kids will get more of a chance this season.
(07-28-2019, 10:19 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Looking at our squad it does not look like there will be as many as last season, when I think  10 fell into this category: Aderbayor, Barnes, Gayle, Hoolahan, Mears, Sakho, Holgate, Johanssen, Murphy and Montero. Hopefully the kids will get more of a chance this season.

That's the plan! 

There will be 3/4 loans.
It would be a shame if some decent signings we have made wasn't given a couple of forwards the could supply , i know Slaven isn't stupid and he knows as well but will the money stretch to it ?Failing to do so unless we have a SGM season with lots of 1-0 wins will mean the difference of a top 6 challenge or mid table mediocrity.
Wouldn’t touch any of these with a bargepole* - a mixture of too old, too expensive and too crocked.

https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten...perience-2

*Possible exception for Adrian if we were in the market for a keeper.
What about Jason Puncheon on a 1 year deal as a back up wide man?
(07-30-2019, 11:03 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: What about Jason Puncheon on a 1 year deal as a back up wide man?

Yes, I’d take him as this years Hoolahan.
Left Huddersfield under a cloud

Now Baliotelli, things would not be dull with him around, could West Bromwich be his spiritual home?
(07-30-2019, 11:03 AM)Lurker#3 Wrote: What about Jason Puncheon on a 1 year deal as a back up wide man?

I'd rather we go for 2 or 3 good offensive players now and give Burke, Edwards, Leko and Tulloch opportunities, than sign the likes of Puncheon.
(07-30-2019, 01:20 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

I'd rather we go for 2 or 3 good offensive players now and give Burke, Edwards, Leko and Tulloch opportunities, than sign the likes of Puncheon.

+1 

Spend big on an Ajeti and a decent loan, and we should have enough quality to allow us to give our complement of young players opportunites.

Last thing I want to see this season is a bench full of Hoolahan, Mears, Morrison and Barrys instead of Leko/Edwards/Burke
It's very quiet so far in terms of the bigger prem clubs letting out their loan players?

Could be one hell of a scramble for the better ones!