Have we done enough
(07-28-2019, 05:54 PM)74bus Wrote:
(07-28-2019, 04:30 PM)cosmicted Wrote: Less than a week to the Chump 2 games a week slug off.

We've done a lot better than I expected a couple of weeks back.
With the signing of Krovinovic and Sawyers, we're pretty well guaranteed to see a better style of football than in previous seasons.
If (and I know it's a big 'if'), we could get a Gayle, Bowen or similar to complement Kenneth up front, we'd be very close to the top of this division.

Correct. The quality of forward(s) we sign now will dictate whether we have a decent season or not.
We’re a striker, winger and player who can cover both CB/RB away from being ready. Our first choice XI could beat most sides in this league IMO but we have precious little depth beyond that, especially in attack.
We've done 50-60% of our business with I reckon 30% of the budget - the low-lying fruit.  Now the tougher stuff. 

We all know what we need.....over to Luke........
(07-28-2019, 06:55 PM)Hopalong Wrote: We've done 50-60% of our business with I reckon 30% of the budget - the low-lying fruit.  Now the tougher stuff. 

We all know what we need.....over to Luke........
We've been light up front for years. Even last season when our impressive goals tally papered over our lack of depth. That lack of depth is what cost us in the play offs. We need another 2, a goalscorer plus another attacking option.
(07-28-2019, 04:30 PM)cosmicted Wrote: Less than a week to the Chump 2 games a week slug off.

Given that we have no goal scorers I'd say 100% no.

I am however happy with the business we have done. We've bought well at good prices but are a couple of decent strikers short of being in contention.
Question for everyone - have we received all the transfer money from Stoke from the Saido deal or is that still coming in installments?
It's been repeated ad infinitum, we need another Striker, and perhaps a left winger, the latter being less important of course.