Predictions for the season
Don’t see Stoke threatening (sorry DK) their manager comes across to me as we tout of his depth. Reminds me of Colin Murphy at Derby in the late 70s.
(07-29-2019, 08:02 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Don’t see Stoke threatening (sorry DK) their manager comes across to me as we tout of his depth. Reminds me of Colin Murphy at Derby in the late 70s.

There are plenty of Stoke supporters making similar comments. I’m generally optimistic that we’ll have a better season than last, but that’s a pretty low bar. We still lack a cutting edge and are pursuing another striker apparently. If we get the one we want then that might push my optimism to the giddy heights of a play off place.
win the league ..know what we have to do
(07-29-2019, 08:18 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 08:02 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Don’t see Stoke threatening (sorry DK) their manager comes across to me as we tout of his depth. Reminds me of Colin Murphy at Derby in the late 70s.

There are plenty of Stoke supporters making similar comments. I’m generally optimistic that we’ll have a better season than last, but that’s a pretty low bar. We still lack a cutting edge and are pursuing another striker apparently. If we get the one we want then that might push my optimism to the giddy heights of a play off place.

The one you want being Gayle?

He’s got a dedicated 20+ pager on the OC.
(07-29-2019, 08:31 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-29-2019, 08:18 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

The one you want being Gayle?

He’s got a dedicated 20+ pager on the OC.

The Nikola Zigic thread was a 120 pager. We still didn't get him. Jones has more or less confirmed today that we're interested in Gayle. Up until then it'd just been a 20 page wet dream with little evidence of any real interest. 

The nightmare is that we sign him and put a spanner in his Championship stats like we've done with Ince, Afobe and Vokes.
Bumpety Bump.