The Athletic - West Brom Academy
(08-05-2019, 12:51 PM)Hi Remi_Moses Wrote: I don't see what the issue is tbh.
The Academy staff shouldn't be treated as royalty - if they have everything now what's to look forward to in the future.
Certainly the Senior players need to be accessible to people within the club and should have regular contact with the Academy, but not on a level playing field. When the youngsters make it into the senior squad then they can have the prize.
The giving of everything on a plate to youngsters is the way to ruin some of them.
I'm with Dowling on the decision to segregate the first team from the Academy. But that's just me I understand others who may believe that all players are even and should be treated the same. But that's not reality IMO.
Agreed. I do believe the academy staff should not be forced to be separate from first team staff though.
(08-05-2019, 12:36 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 10:29 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 10:25 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Also, any chance of re-formatting posts that are copied and pasted, that really was painful to read at such a huge font!

Mate, it's a piece of piss to adjust the font size, if the original poster can be bothered.

(1) So no appreciation to the “original poster”, who has signed up to The Athletic at a cost of £29.99, in order to make other aware of this article. It’s behind a pay wall.

(2) You sum up some of society today with your selfish attitude IMO

(3)To others who aren’t aware of The Athletic. It’s superb. Follow Steve Madeley on Twitter for further details.

(1) No apreciation from me at all, you'll no doubt get all the thrills & thanks you need from the attention you get. 
The fact that you've paid £30 to stalk Madeley, when you could simply stalk Lepkowski for free, does nothing to convince me that you're anything but the attention village idiot I have you down for.

(2) It appears I'm being lectured on what's wrong with society, by the embodiment of everythig that's wrong with social media.

(3) No thanks.I get alll the information I need for free. I won't even use sites that ask me to white list them on my ad blocker.
(08-05-2019, 09:39 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I suppose the we not me has been chucked into the bin then

Out on loan to Luton for until January, undisclosed fee.
Isn’t this what they do in Germany? I might be wrong but keeping the pros separate and encouraging the kids to achieve academically as well as on the pitch rings a bell.
No problem for me with the segregation.

Good article - nice to have a bit of cheeky insight from "staff" members. Anybody been on this site before?

Think it's quite interesting in terms of the long term plans as Lai's purchase was at least 50% based on training up kids in China. Don't suppose the Olympic academies over there have the kids being treated like superstars before they've go going.
They are subservient, even when they make it the respect they hold is quite something.
What irks me about the entire thing is that no consideration has been given to the younger staff below those who have recently departed.

It's not the end of the world that an academy coach has left for Aston Villa. As with any company in life, experienced staff leave and make way for younger generations with fresher ideas.

I'd imagine there are dozens of coaches waiting for Harrison to move on so they can improve and develop on his great work.
(08-05-2019, 02:09 PM)MGalea Wrote: Good article - nice to have a bit of cheeky insight from "staff" members. Anybody been on this site before?

It appears to be an American company who have launched a UK football site today. It’s offering a 30 day free trial after which you pay a monthly or yearly subscription. There are dedicated journalists to all of the Prem teams plus a few Champo, of which Steve Madeley is doing the Albion.
(08-05-2019, 02:41 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 02:09 PM)MGalea Wrote: Good article - nice to have a bit of cheeky insight from "staff" members. Anybody been on this site before?

It appears to be an American company who have launched a UK football site today. It’s offering a 30 day free trial after which you pay a monthly or yearly subscription. There are dedicated journalists to all of the Prem teams plus a few Champo, of which Steve Madeley is doing the Albion.

So it didn't cost a certain poster £30 then?
(08-05-2019, 02:50 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 02:41 PM)Old Stroller Wrote:

So it didn't cost a certain poster £30 then?

Busted
Big Grin Big Grin