Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two blokes...
who could play at any level in the game. And we have both of 'em!
Every time I see Ben Foster and Jonny Evans play, I thank my lucky stars that we've somehow got both of them down at the Baggies. 
Foster is the best English keeper by a country mile, and only De Gea comes close when looking at the best Premiership goalie. 
Evans is a much better player than most of the central defenders that play for the so-called 'big teams' and he's only just turned 29.
Thank goodness that some of the people in charge of the 'mega-money' teams couldn't tell their arse from their elbow.
Evans is awesome, best footballing CB I have seen playing for us
(02-25-2017, 09:21 PM)Baggiemad Wrote: Evans is awesome, best footballing CB I have seen playing for us

Agreed although Martyn Bennett would have been a fantastic footballing centre half had his career not been so tragically cut short.
Foster has/had a mistake in him so I can see why Fergie replaced him with Van De Sar and De Gea. however still one of the best UK keepers playing.

Evans on the other hand would improve any defence apart from Chelsea imo.
(02-25-2017, 09:26 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote: Foster has/had a mistake in him so I can see why Fergie replaced him with Van De Sar and De Gea. however still one of the best UK keepers playing.

Foster has had the occasional rick in him.However since his comeback from injury he's been outstanding. In the best form of his career atm. Difference between our current position and  16th I'd say.
(02-25-2017, 09:32 PM)Albionmad Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 09:26 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote: Foster has/had a mistake in him so I can see why Fergie replaced him with Van De Sar and De Gea. however still one of the best UK keepers playing.

Foster has had the occasional rick in him.However since his comeback from injury he's been outstanding. In the best form of his career atm. Difference between our current position and  16th I'd say.

No arguments there, but as good as Foster is he is not in the De Gea, Cech  (in his prime) or Lloris class.
(02-25-2017, 09:37 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:

No arguments there, but as good as Foster is he is not in the De Gea, Cech  (in his prime) or Lloris class.
But Cech is well past his prime. So you think Foster's the third best in the Premiership at the moment? I'd put him second, but, in any event, we're really lucky to have him.
(02-25-2017, 09:54 PM)74bus Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 09:37 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote:

But Cech is well past his prime. So you think Foster's the third best in the Premiership at the moment? I'd put him second, but, in any event, we're really lucky to have him.

Forster if fit, is as good, Butland could be better, Lloris is a class above, Courtois meh!. Foster is in the top 5 overall, but currently top 3.
(02-25-2017, 09:25 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote:
(02-25-2017, 09:21 PM)Baggiemad Wrote: Evans is awesome, best footballing CB I have seen playing for us

Agreed although Martyn Bennett would have been a fantastic footballing centre half had his career not been so tragically cut short.

Good shout Sol - made a few England squads didn't he?
De Gea
Courtois
Lloris
Foster
Heaton

Begovic would be fifth if he played regularly.