Who’d want to manage?
Recently Moore has licked his wounds and headed up to Yorkshire to prove himself- no doubt he got a few quid for his time with us. His ambition will mean uprooting his family, no doubt, or barely seeing them.
Meanwhile Appleton has been a nomad manager for a few years, never really getting a good one. He was the Red Adair for basket case clubs more than anything. 
Now he has a job on less money that will be easier to hold down. Is that so bad?
After all, pretty much all managerial roles end up with the boot.
Working in a job you love, getting paid very well for it, getting a contract pay off .....sure beats many many other jobs
(08-05-2019, 04:35 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Working in a job you love, getting paid very well for it, getting a contract pay off .....sure beats many many other jobs

That's right and we shouldn't really feel to sorry for any of them when they walk away with a 7 figure cheques.
It sure overcomes any damaged pride issues IMO.
(08-05-2019, 04:54 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 04:35 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Working in a job you love, getting paid very well for it, getting a contract pay off .....sure beats many many other jobs

That's right and we shouldn't really feel to sorry for any of them when they walk away with a 7 figure cheques.
Is it really so lovely being a top class manager? How about 25,000 fans turning on you at 4.55 on a Saturday? Horrendous levels of stress. Very few last long at the managerial game.
I'd imagine Appy will be getting a decent wedge as under 23 manager. He might just be eyeing the top job here again in a couple of years?
(08-05-2019, 05:00 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Is it really so lovely being a top class manager? How about 25,000 fans turning on you at 4.55 on a Saturday? Horrendous levels of stress. Very few last long at the managerial game.
I'd imagine Appy will be getting a decent wedge as under 23 manager. He might just be eyeing the top job here again in a couple of years?

It's not always true that the fans turn against you, I don't believe any fan has any hard feelings towards Darren.
Lot of other managers have been sacked or left and the fans still respected them. Roy is still highly respected.
How would you like a cabbage thrown at you? It must be traumatic!
I'd rather be a football manager than a brain surgeon.
I'd rather be a football manager than a fireman.
I'd rather be a football manager than a copper.
I'd rather be a football manager than a teacher at a special needs school.
I'd rather be a football manager than someone on a zero hours contract that has a family to support.
There are so many jobs that I'd rather be a football manager than doing.

Stress comes in many different forms, and often for very little remuneration.

Also, what about those managers who quit to go for a better job, even when doing well? (Fatkinson's second spell for example)
(08-06-2019, 09:17 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I'd rather be a football manager than a brain surgeon.
I'd rather be a football manager than a fireman.
I'd rather be a football manager than a copper.
I'd rather be a football manager than a teacher at a special needs school.
I'd rather be a football manager than someone on a zero hours contract that has a family to support.
There are so many jobs that I'd rather be a football manager than doing.

Stress comes in many different forms, and often for very little remuneration.

Also, what about those managers who quit to go for a better job, even when doing well? (Fatkinson's second spell for example)

Very true. I'm stressed to fuck in my sales job and earn in a year what Bilic will probably get in a week.

I'd have a pop at transferring my stress levels over to football management.....
(08-05-2019, 05:00 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Yep. Two seasons of Slaven and if we're not in the PL by then, Appy will take over for the Post-Parachute Payments Era of Pain.