FAQ Dreamkiller
(08-06-2019, 07:40 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Personally, I used to love The Grorty Dick, all the ITK info etc... the sort of things that regular fans had no idea about (or their spin on it anyway).

I think the internet and boreds like this killed off the fanzines, after all why buy something that told you stuff you'd read the week before?

Yes.
And what about that glossy newspaper format that came out monthly.
Another good read arising from the desktop publishing phenomenon. I had mine delivered up in Yorkshire.
Then it abruptly disappeared.
What was it called... The Baggies?
(08-06-2019, 07:55 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 07:40 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Personally, I used to love The Grorty Dick, all the ITK info etc... the sort of things that regular fans had no idea about (or their spin on it anyway).

I think the internet and boreds like this killed off the fanzines, after all why buy something that told you stuff you'd read the week before?

Yes.
And what about that glossy newspaper format that came out monthly.
Another good read arising from the desktop publishing phenomenon. I had mine delivered up in Yorkshire.
Then it abruptly disappeared.
What was it called... The Baggies?

I don't remember that one to be honest.

Fingerpost, I bought a couple of, didn't like it as much. Ditto Last Train....

I also think that fanzine type things flourish more when clubs are in the deepest shyte, seems to bring out the best in people, and the gallows humour just flows.