Marks out of 10 pant wetters

Although I cannot think of any positions we didn’t address or players i’d Prefer.
(08-08-2019, 08:33 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 08:27 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Pretty impressive, 9 on paper at this level.

Overall we seem to have addressed the shortcomings in the squad, moving to a much younger average age with it's consequential energy and legs (maybe Austin excepting).   We have lost experience and goals but hopefully with the players we have brought in the goals will be spread more evenly throughout the team rather than just being reliant on 2/3 players.  We have also retained key players we may have lost in Phillips, Hegazi and Gibbs.

We've addressed the right full back position with the bonus of the emergence of Ferguson (early days yes) and both he and Furlong could play centrally in an emergency so the defence looks solid, particularly with Slav's more pragmatic approach than Moore/Jones. Townsend seems to have improved as a player and looks more sturdy/solid.

Midfield options - at this level - and without getting carried away - we look as good/better than most in this league and we now have an abundance of riches on the flanks;  Phillips, Burke, Edwards, Diang, Pereira, Willock.  Wow!!  Last year we were so reliant on Phillips and Barnes and once Harvey had gone and Phillips injured we were fooked!  

Strikers - Austin, Zohore particularly,  are as probably as good as you'll get at this level of their type, with Kanu solid back-up, though we do lack that fox in the box type.  Phillips, Burke and Willock can also play more centrally if we hit a crisis.

So many options now depending on the circumstances/challenges we face. 

Obvious disappointments with Ajeti and Gayle but the reasons we didn't get them are valid and not for the want of trying. 

And we still have a considerable amount in the kitty for a rainy day. 

It will take Slaven a while to arrive at his best team and this will evolve over the first ten games or so. 

A big well done to the Board and Dowling for appointing Bilic and for the revamp of what now looks a far more exciting squad. 

Over to you Slav!  No pressure.

Good post Ath. But Austin is undoubtedly a Fox in the box type. It’s his general linkplay that is his weaker suit

As Shabbs says - look and sound good on paper. They need to do the hard part now - perform

Yeah thinking about it you're right actually, most of his goals seem to be from inside the box.
You bugger, you edited it....

I had a 'witty' retort- What, like between the two posts, under the crossbar and into the net thing Wink
(08-08-2019, 07:08 PM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 06:05 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 06:04 PM)MGalea Wrote: We'll be playing some lovely stuff and seem to have a good mix of artists and warriors.

Is this about warhammer again?

It’s Wawhamma!!!

Prefer WOYHAMNA myself Big Grin
Very happy with this transfer window now the proof is in the pudding and they step up to the plate . Jenkins is still a twat though .
(08-09-2019, 12:02 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Very happy with this transfer window now the proof is in the pudding and they step up to the plate .    Jenkins is still a twat though .

Out of interest, why is he a twat?
Well for a start reduced away allocations when we can sell out easily especially down in London and more importantly he failed to sack pardew earlier when it was plain to see we was fucked under him and he thought he would save money by keeping him ....if he had been sacked a month earlier what everyone was calling for we would have stopped up imo. Not once as he been subject to being fucked off over this thst I know of ...
I think we have addressed the major problem's from last season,PACE and being able to KEEP the ball !!!
and with some of our kids now getting their chance I am really hopeful for the season ahead.

Great window for us , well done Albion.