Talking to a Brentford STH yesterday
He wasn't too bothered about Maupay leaving for Brighton. But he was gutted about Sawyers
. Said he ran the show for them pretty much much week in week out last season. Couldn't believe the fee was 3 million. That is a steal in this current climate!
(08-08-2019, 05:52 PM)Jezstatham Wrote: He wasn't too bothered about Maupay leaving for Brighton. But he was gutted about Sawyers
. Said he ran the show for them pretty much much week in week out last season. Couldn't believe the fee was 3 million. That is a steal in this current climate!

Everything they did good against us, came through him. Absolutely delighted we've signed him.
Clarnet v2.0
Funnily enough, just over 12 months ago I was having a few beers in London and also talking to a couple of Brentford fans. They were convinced he was coming to us then. It's a bit like the time we spent 12 months signing Koumas.
Sawyers is the absolute bollox.

Was a joy watching him at Forest. Exactly what we’ve needed for years.
(08-08-2019, 06:52 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Funnily enough, just over 12 months ago I was having a few beers in London and also talking to a couple of Brentford fans. They were convinced he was coming to us then. It's a bit like the time we spent 12 months signing Koumas.

... but better.
However offers you absolutely nothing defensively, just putting that there

Was ghosted past 3 times v Forest without even a challenge but give him the ball and he’s a great player

Cuzer
(08-08-2019, 08:38 PM)Cuzer Wrote: However offers you absolutely nothing defensively, just putting that there

Was ghosted past 3 times v Forest without even a challenge but give him the ball and he’s a great player

Cuzer

That's why we'll play a DM and have beefed up the defence Smile
(08-08-2019, 06:55 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 06:52 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Funnily enough, just over 12 months ago I was having a few beers in London and also talking to a couple of Brentford fans. They were convinced he was coming to us then. It's a bit like the time we spent 12 months signing Koumas.

... but better.

That's a brave call. Koumas was some talent, all be it wasted talent.
Clarnet v2.0
(08-09-2019, 08:02 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 06:55 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:

... but better.

That's a brave call. Koumas was some talent, all be it wasted talent.

Wasted definitely the most apt word
Koumas just didn’t really football. To be a great you have to have the talent but as important the love for what you do. That’s why Koumas didn’t reach potential but players like Beckham did.