Dwight Gayle
Dwight Gayle has signalled his desire to fight for his place at Newcastle after transfer deadline week moves to two Championship clubs broke down.

It’s understood Newcastle agreed a season-long loan deal with a guaranteed permanent £15million transfer if the Baggies were promoted this week – but Gayle said no to the deal. United were due to bank £5million for the loan deal if it went through. West Brom instead turned to Charlie Austin on deadline day.

Source: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/fo...e-16725025
We weren’t going to get promoted this week, no matter how good Gayle is.
Well. There you have it then. Seems he didn't want to come but Newcastle were ok to let go. Strange one that as I thought he really enjoyed it here. And Newcastle have resigned the broken down cart horse that is Andy Carroll.
At least it's out in the open now.We tried our hardest,he wasnt interested.End of.
(08-08-2019, 06:36 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Well. There you have it then. Seems he didn't want to come but Newcastle were ok to let go. Strange one that as I thought he really enjoyed it here. And Newcastle have resigned the broken down cart horse that is Andy Carroll.

Probably thinks he’s got a better chance of playing with Bruce than he did with Rafa.
He wants to prove himself in the Premier League. He'll probably get some appearances off the bench but that's it.

Something to revisit in January I reckon..
I think if you read on the line is clear that Gayle wanted a permanent transfer.

We could only offer a loan to perm with conditions. Stoke’s offer fell down over wages but would have been permanent.

He has been clear all summer on this so hardly new news.
Hal Robson Kanu was right then
To be honest I don’t know how happy I’d be getting promoted then having to commit £15m on a player nearing 30 who has never quite cut it in the PL.
I'm suspicious of that, somehow. Maybe it's the 15M quoted, or the lack of clarity over why the other one didn't work out? Whichever... he ain't here and I'm sure we went as far as we could, budget-wise.
I'm very relieved he isn't playing for anyone in the Championship, that's all.