Last time v. Millwall in the League Cup...
Fucking bedlam that night!

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/august/o...-millwall/
Was there,13 years old at the time and it was the most terrifying experience I've ever had at any match I've attended (before or since)left the game at 4-0 up did know wether we'd gone through until I got home.
young centre back John Smith playing his only first team game for Albion that night.

Manc must have written this!
Went to the away leg, got there 6pm, Sealandair coach bricked to buggery, driver turned round and came home. Never saw the turnstiles never mind the match. Stopped at services on M1 15 minutes into game and phoned home (from a phone box) to let GF Know i was ok only to be told we were losing 3-nil - other Baggies nearly lynched me when I broke the news. To cap a wonderful night we didn’t get back to West Brom until after the Pubs were shut. For you young whipper snappers used to close at 10.30 in the old days.
I was on duty that night and kicked the living snot out of a few of them... You could in those days. Big Grin
(08-12-2019, 05:41 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: young centre back John Smith playing his only first team game for Albion that night.

Top knowledge. 

Got an absolute bollocking off Wylie and Mike Kelly? and not seen again
I remember Smith. He had longish, shaggy, slightly curly dark hair. I think only about 200 Albion got in at the away leg, from what I've been told.

The home leg was mental. Millwall on the Rainbow Stand boxes. Nasty bunch though, I've since seen footage and heard the monkey noises and abuse at Regis, Perry and Thompson.
(08-12-2019, 06:47 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 05:41 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: young centre back John Smith playing his only first team game for Albion that night.

Top knowledge. 

He was bitter about the whole episode.
(08-12-2019, 07:08 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: I remember Smith. He had longish, shaggy, slightly curly dark hair. I think only about 200 Albion got in at the away leg, from what I've been told.

The home leg was mental. Millwall on the Rainbow Stand boxes. Nasty bunch though, I've since seen footage and heard the monkey noises and abuse at Regis, Perry and Thompson.

There used to be some youtube footage of the carnage that night. Funny bit is when some Millwall fans take to the pitch and an Albion fan walks on and decks one of them.
(08-12-2019, 07:12 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 06:47 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

Top knowledge. 

He was bitter about the whole episode.

Big Grin