Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oslo
Anyone been?

Just browsing t'interweb and noticed that you can get flights there for 30 quid return. Might check it out.

Actually, having looked a little closer, the airport is "Oslo Torp" which is actually two hours away from Oslo.

Screw that.
(03-28-2017, 11:19 AM)Duffmon Wrote: Anyone been?

Just browsing t'interweb and noticed that you can get flights there for 30 quid return. Might check it out.

Actually, having looked a little closer, the airport is "Oslo Torp" which is actually two hours away from Oslo.

Screw that.

Good decision, even if you only went for a weekend you'd need a second mortgage.
(03-28-2017, 12:21 PM)supamart Wrote:

Screw that.

Good decision, even if you only went for a weekend you'd need a second mortgage.

And your thermals
I'm toying with the idea of Iceland in the summer and then on to the Sates. Is Iceland as expensive?

Awaits jokes about cheap, frozen food.
Iceland isn't too bad actually. Was surprisingly cheaper than I expected vs the rest of Scandinavia, however this was pre-Brexit.

Alcohol is expensive, as is any non-fish based food as it's pretty much all imported. Accommodation, car hire, excursions etc are pretty much on a par with the UK. It's become a lot more touristy of late and with added competition and scale the prices have dropped a little.0

Lovely city with a very laid back feel about it. The central area is surprisingly small for a capital city, making it easy to get around. As mentioned, not cheap, but worth visiting if you get the chance.

Edit: I'm talking about Oslo btw. I've not yet made it to Iceland.
Iceland has been on my list to go to for quite a number of years now, hoping to get there Jan next year!
This is why we need 7th place KR Reykjavik 0 West Bromwich Albion 2. Let's all then celebrate on £7 pints!
Iceland is a lot cheaper than Oslo (or was in 2009). Of the two I would prefer to revisit Iceland as there is so much to see and do outside of a city break which is what a trip to Oslo would be. However if you are only going for a weekend then pick Oslo but take lots of money.
I enjoyed visiting the Blue Lagoon, in Iceland.

I don't think the wenches there have ever heard of a Brazilian  Shy