Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 4 players
To score 4 against the Brom in one match - league or cup

FFFust. Winner gets a game up front against Leicester
Michael Owen?
He certainly is mon
seem to remember them dicking us at home 2 years on the trott, no idea who the other 3 are??
I can remember Trevor Whymark for Ipswich in 1976.
Brian Dear for got 5 for West Ham as did Jimmy Greaves for Chelsea,
Probably going back a bit too far though.
Did Alan Ball get 4 in '68? That's the only one that instantly springs to my mind (after Owen) but I could be wrong.

The fact you've mentioned both league and cup makes me think there's definitely a cup game in there somewhere.
(04-20-2017, 11:21 PM)baggie_ray Wrote: Did Alan Ball get 4 in '68? That's the only one that instantly springs to my mind (after Owen) but I could be wrong.

The fact you've mentioned both league and cup makes me think there's definitely a cup game in there somewhere.

I think you are right there Ray that was a couple months before the cup final.
I remember the Michael Owen match. Me and my then 10 year old stepdaughter were sat in the Smethwick - close to the away fans and the end seats at the divide. Despite the heavy defeat, much happy clapping and gallows humour chanting all game. Genuine applause and credit from the scallies along with much pointing and twisting of fingers at their temples ......0-6
Dean Saunders - Zenith Data Systems Cup v Derby.

One of the worst colour clashes I've ever seen with their silver & black stripes under our old lights. They changed to yellow at half time.
(04-20-2017, 11:31 PM)Statto Wrote: Dean Saunders - Zenith Data Systems Cup v Derby.

One of the worst colour clashes I've ever seen with their silver & black stripes under our old lights. They changed to yellow at half time.

Saunders was a hat trick IIRC.

John Wark hit 4 for Ipswich against us at Portman Road in the earlier 80's.