FAO Dreamkiller ..Stokes downfall started long ago...
(09-17-2019, 05:48 AM)Sunshine Wrote: DK seems like a ok fella but this is stoke we are talking about. Apart from the vile and the dingles it couldn't be happening to a more deserving club. They can't drop low enough for me.

Thank the little baby Jesus. An otherwise shining light of prose in an otherwise cesspit of footballing wordery-turdery.
Always enjoyed my visits to Stoke and when your grounď is full the atmosphere is electric especially when your lot belt out Delilah.
(09-18-2019, 11:53 AM)Three Degrees Wrote: Always enjoyed my visits to Stoke and when your grounď is full the atmosphere is electric especially when your lot belt out Delilah.

That's a fairly rare occurrence these days. If we get a decent sized opposition - Albion, Leeds, Derby, and our players can raise their game to something approaching almost lively, then the crowd can still rise to the occasion. But it's now 200 days since we last won a home game, so the numbers are dwindling and apathy rising with each passing week.
When we lost 3-1 there a couple of years ago they were pumping crowd noise through the speakers before the match.
(09-18-2019, 12:15 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: When we lost 3-1 there a couple of years ago they were pumping crowd noise through the speakers before the match.

I'm not going to dispute what you heard Malc, but I've not known them to do that, and I've never seen it mentioned on the Oatcake - which it would be because it would have been seen as a stick to beat the CEO with. 

It'd go down like a lead balloon if the club did that, so I can only think it might have been a one off that the perpetrator was warned never to do again. Port Vale used to do it during the game when they attacked the away end. It's really not a good look.
(09-18-2019, 12:48 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:15 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: When we lost 3-1 there a couple of years ago they were pumping crowd noise through the speakers before the match.

I'm not going to dispute what you heard Malc, but I've not known them to do that, and I've never seen it mentioned on the Oatcake - which it would be because it would have been seen as a stick to beat the CEO with. 

It'd go down like a lead balloon if the club did that, so I can only think it might have been a one off that the perpetrator was warned never to do again. Port Vale used to do it during the game when they attacked the away end. It's really not a good look.

I heard it. It would have been funny if it got stuck. I'm sure they still use gramophones up there.