FAO Dreamkiller ..Stokes downfall started long ago...
(09-17-2019, 02:56 PM)ferencpuskas Wrote: Dreamkiller, one or two on here appear happy to see Stokes position, a view I don't subscribe to. I'm old school and hate to see  the traditional old clubs go down the nick and I'm with you. My dad's old Club, Bolton Wanderers, for whom he played for for 17 seasons, on 4 quid a week, are in dire straits, Bury another traditional Northern outfit have gone. Look down the Champ and League 1 and see how many great old names are scratting in the lower divs. The football that I knew and played has as a lad in the 50s and 60s, has gone , mores the pity, I hope you pick up mate! ferenc.

Cheers ferenc, I don't mind anyone revelling in our discomfort so long as they're OK with me. It's a shame if they go as far as to want us out of business, but it's a West Brom site so I just need to suck it up really.

Yeah, the game's gone for me. I've not watched a single Match of the Day this season and have almost zero interest in any European game. It's all been said now I suppose, but it's just about the money.

The plight of Bolton and Bury is really sad for their supporters, but in truth, I think they're just the start. How Port Vale continue to survive puzzles me, but give it 5 years or so and I can see them and another half a dozen clubs going out of business with a lower league restructure becoming necessary.

Fact is that unless you can aim to be the best then there's little point in just bumming around in the lower leagues. The younger generations will realise this and will just be syphoned off by the top 6, leaving their local teams to just fade away.

My mood would be lightened by a couple of Stoke wins I suppose, but other than meeting up with a couple of mates and having a bit of father/daughter time, the matches hold little relevance to me at the moment. 

I'm not as miserable as I sound. It's just sad to see what's happening to the game.
(09-17-2019, 07:00 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:34 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:48 AM)Sunshine Wrote: DK seems like a ok fella but this is stoke we are talking about. Apart from the vile and the dingles it couldn't be happening to a more deserving club. They can't drop low enough for me.

Agreed, sorry DK!

Oi! Play nice you two.

Nothing personal pal just don't like yr club or the stoke fans ive encountered. Enjoyed the rivalry in the 80s and 90s but remember seeing a baggie fan being glassed in a pub prior to the 3-4 game at Victoria Ground. 

Obviously wouldn't wish any club to fold but a few more relegations would be celebrated by me.
(09-17-2019, 05:01 PM)Sunshine Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 05:48 AM)Sunshine Wrote: DK seems like a ok fella but this is stoke we are talking about. Apart from the vile and the dingles it couldn't be happening to a more deserving club. They can't drop low enough for me.

Agreed, sorry DK!

Oi! Play nice you two.

Nothing personal pal just don't like yr club or the stoke fans ive encountered. Enjoyed the rivalry in the 80s and 90s but remember seeing a baggie fan being glassed in a pub prior to the 3-4 game at Victoria Ground. 

Obviously wouldn't wish any club to fold but a few more relegations would be celebrated by me.

If I'd seen that, I'd feel exactly the same mate. I'm all for good natured banter, but that's where it should end. I just don't get the mentality of anyone who would do that sort of thing. 

Opposing fans should be able to sit together and have a natter. It's sad that some people make that really difficult at times. I hope the baggie fan wasn't badly hurt.

I know there's a few on here who've had problems with Stoke fans and it's credit to you all that despite this I've had very few problems over the years I've been on here.
(09-17-2019, 05:25 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Agreed, sorry DK!

Oi! Play nice you two.

If I'd seen that, I'd feel exactly the same mate. I'm all for good natured banter, but that's where it should end. I just don't get the mentality of anyone who would do that sort of thing. 

Opposing fans should be able to sit together and have a natter. It's sad that some people make that really difficult at times. I hope the baggie fan wasn't badly hurt.

I know there's a few on here who've had problems with Stoke fans and it's credit to you all that despite this I've had very few problems over the years I've been on here.

As i say you seem decent enough and I have nothing against you and I share your despair at modern football at times.

Agreed, sorry DK!

Oi! Play nice you two.

To cheer you up Showaddywaddy (spelling) are playing in Walsall in the next few weeks. Not taking the piss btw. Wasn’t sure if knew.
(09-17-2019, 07:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 06:34 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Agreed, sorry DK!

Oi! Play nice you two.

To cheer you up Showaddywaddy (spelling) are playing in Walsall in the next few weeks. Not taking the piss btw. Wasn’t sure if knew.

I bought a greatest hits album of theirs around 1978 Derek. I'm hardly likely to travel any further than my local to see them, just for a laugh - if it genuinely wasn't a piss take, then thanks for letting me know. 

Anyway, I don't think it's the original singer. It'd be like watching The Springfields without Dusty.  Big Grin
I'm with Ferenc on this. I love the traditional old clubs, The Boltons, Burys etc. Get well soon Stoke, not too well obviously!
(09-17-2019, 08:05 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'm with Ferenc on this. I love the traditional old clubs, The Boltons, Burys etc.  Get well soon Stoke, not too well obviously!

We'll be back on your coat-tails before you can say "Steinooooo."
(09-17-2019, 08:07 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:05 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'm with Ferenc on this. I love the traditional old clubs, The Boltons, Burys etc.  Get well soon Stoke, not too well obviously!

Tone will be back on coates'-tails before you can say "Steinooooo."

*Edited for you DK  Big Grin
(09-17-2019, 09:31 PM)lemon Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 08:07 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Tone will be back on coates'-tails before you can say "Steinooooo."

*Edited for you DK  Big Grin

This place is going to be a living hell for me if the unthinkable happens, isn’t it.  Dodgy

Big Grin