Dirty tricks from dirty Leeds ?
Nice to know they are worried about us Big Grin

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...s-17010126
They should have just driven up in the rain.
At least Ziz's question is answered!

Even a professional athlete should be able to cope with an interrupted night's sleep ahead of a 7.45 kick off the following evening!
Fair play team of the year are Leeds.
Have to say I really don't understand why we'd stay up there? After all, it's proven, people sleep better in their own beds and have a more disturbed sleep the first night in an unfamiliar bed.
Typical tale of Leeds.
(10-01-2019, 12:18 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Nice to know they are worried about us Big Grin

Thanks.

I took my earlier thread down because it was descending into a nonsense thread. Would be interesting to know where they are staying and whether it was a genuine alarm. 

Again club doing everything they can to assist with preparation of these big midweek games. This costs money too. Well done Dowling and co. They did the right thing by going a day before.

(10-01-2019, 12:29 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Have to say I really don't understand why we'd stay up there? After all, it's proven, people sleep better in their own beds and have a more disturbed sleep the first night in an unfamiliar bed.
Typical tale of Leeds.

Sitting in a coach for three hours can lead to a build up of lactic acid in muscles. Better you go a day before and able to have a light training session in Leeds. Club look to be treating this game like a big game which it is.
The FA is investigating an “issue of discrimination” arising from Saturday’s game between Leeds and Charlton. Understood to involve Kiko Casilla and Jonathan Leko. #lufc

Dirty Leeds
(10-01-2019, 12:35 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 12:18 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Nice to know they are worried about us Big Grin

Thanks.

I took my earlier thread down because it was descending into a nonsense thread. Would be interesting to know where they are staying and whether it was a genuine alarm. 

Again club doing everything they can to assist with preparation of these big midweek games. This costs money too. Well done Dowling and co. They did the right thing by going a day before.

(10-01-2019, 12:29 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Have to say I really don't understand why we'd stay up there? After all, it's proven, people sleep better in their own beds and have a more disturbed sleep the first night in an unfamiliar bed.
Typical tale of Leeds.

Sitting in a coach for three hours can lead to a build up of lactic acid in muscles. Better you go a day before and able to have a light training session in Leeds. Club look to be treating this game like a big game which it is.

Leeds not that far away- just over 2hrs from Great Barr. I may be wrong, but I don't think a run of the mill distance away game warrants this as preparation, when they could have gone at 9am after a night in their beds and been in Leeds some 8 hrs before kick off.

Thanks.

Typical tale of Leeds.

I think they will survive, I wouldn’t worry too much.
(10-01-2019, 12:56 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Thanks.

Typical tale of Leeds.

Leeds not that far away- just over 2hrs from Great Barr. I may be wrong, but I don't think a run of the mill distance away game warrants this as preparation, when they could have gone at 9am after a night in their beds and been in Leeds some 8 hrs before kick off.

The club will have analysed the effect of journeys on performance to death. They'll be stopping in 5 star hotels as well, so I doubt they'll have too much trouble sleeping.